At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
- End-to-end ownership of design and implementation of product features
- Responsible for deploying and maintaining systems and tools at scale
- Provide insight into front-end web development best practices; Drive decisions around framework and tool choices
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems; Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Monitor, identify, and squash browser performance bottlenecks
- Work with cutting edge front-end technologies like Node.js, WebGL, Flux, React and
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders across the organization to produce a coherent product
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years developing and maintaining Front-end code on high-traffic web sites
- 3+ years of experience in a front-end framework
- 3+ years of browser extension experience
- Excellent understanding of software engineering fundamentals, design patterns and OOP architecture
- Demonstrated eye for design
- Experience with TDD and evangelistic about testing
- An eye and passion for beautiful and performant UI/UX
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects with demanding deadlines in a team environment
- Experience with Docker and AWS
- 1-2 years+ experience with a back-end language such as Ruby, Python or Java
- Tape and Ava
- PostCSS with CSSModules
- AWS Lambda
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Advance our society