Location: Culver City, CA
Duration: 3-6+ Months
NOTE: This position involves an in-person interview. Seeking local candidates only.
Client is looking for extremely talented Android Engineer to join its Video Streaming Applications Engineering team. The Android Engineer will develop Native Android and Hybrid Video On-Demand applications for client platform using the latest in front end technologies across a wide range of platforms and formats including Connected TV, Handset and Tablet, and Responsive Website. The qualified candidate must have strong Frontend/Mobile applications development experience in basic Android/Java technologies, including Android Studio, Gradle, and Exoplayer2 video streaming player. The team values well-structured, high-quality, stable applications that provide functionality commonly seen in cutting-edge Over-The-Top (OTT) streaming services. This is your opportunity to get involved in developing an exciting new range of direct-to-consumer video products for SPTN leveraging a highly adaptive, agile-based, product-driven strategy. This role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues in timely manner.
- Develop complex, consumer-facing applications for the Android platforms using the Android framework and Android Studio with strong Java background
- Utilize a rich, highly-integrated technology stack of standard Android technologies based on OkHttp3.0/Restful APIs, Retrofit2, RxJava, Picasso/Glide3 image processing MediaPlayer/Exoplayer2 video streaming, FreeWheel AdManager, and Google Play Services Library v10+. Experience with DFP Ad Manager a plus
- Utilize visual designs and existing UX application experiences as specifications in delivering optimized, Story-driven implementations
- Use expertise of User Experience development practices, software design principles, OO concepts, SEO optimizations and UI design and general best practices
- Work closely with front end product managers, delivery managers, solutions architects and other front end and back end software developers
- Minimum 3-5 years of Android Development Experience using AOSP framework and a modern IDE such as Android Studio or Eclipse.
- Experience in applying standard Android mobile development practices and techniques including Activity/Framework lifecycle management, UX Inflation and Custom View construction, RecyclerView list/grid rendering, Material Design theming and element styling, Telephony/ConnectivityManager quality-of-access optimization, Build system control, and APK partitioning and signing
- Deep understanding of Android mobile engineering concepts including Drawer, Toolbar, and Tab Navigation, ViewPager State Detection, Bitmap/Image loading, scaling, and sampling
- Strong understanding of RESTFUL APIs, OkHttp, Retrofit2 and Android Networking.
- Delivered multiple Android apps to Google Playstore
- Familiarity with version control systems and branching including Github
- Familiar with Software Development methodologies including Agile, RAD, Waterfall
- Understanding of Database APIS including SQLite, MongoDB
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, quick learner with very strong technical aptitude and the ability to work concurrently on multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work independently or on a full team
- Demonstrated ability to document code as needed