Technical Lead, Software Development - PHP (Laravel/Symfony) @ Ambry Genetics - Aliso Viejo, CA
Technical Lead, Software Development - PHP (Laravel/Symfony)
Post a job for free in Aliso Viejo, CA
The successful candidate will embody a spirit of continuous improvement while engaging with collaborative cross-functional teams, including not only direct team members, business systems analysts, and quality assurance engineers, but also DevOps engineers, security personnel, and other operations team members. This person will gain knowledge and experience in the latest technologies, both in the genetics and technology industries. Knowledge of genetic testing, molecular biology, or other scientific-related disciplines is a huge benefit but is not required. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers great benefits and opportunities for growth.
- Work with business leaders to define, develop, and execute solutions that are scalable, secure, and cost-effective.
- Participate with your team in agile scrum meetings, including backlog grooming, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Provide technical oversight over feature development, ensure appropriate test coverage, and review and approve pull requests.
- Effectively leverage the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, TestRail, Bamboo) for all changes, including source change tracking, documentation, and testing.
- Develop new features and modules by writing clean and testable code, meeting not only Ambry’s standards for quality, but also staying compliant with regulations such as HIPAA and SOX.
- Support stakeholders/end users (mostly internal) with troubleshooting and or general application support as needed.
- Provide clear and concise updates to senior management.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Computer Science (or similar relevant specialization) or equivalent professional experience.
- Solid experience with object-oriented programming (OOP), such as PHP, Python, or Java.
- Well-versed in design and usage of relational databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MSSQL.
- Ability to effectively use version control, including ability to branch, merge, and resolve conflicts in git.
- Ability to programmatically read and write a variety of structured and unstructured formats, such as JSON, CSV, or XML.
- Experience with production or consumption of web services (ex: REST, SOAP, AMQP) is strongly recommended.
- Experience with health-care interchanges and formats (e.g. HL7) is a plus, but not required.
- Understanding of Docker containers and cloud technologies is recommended.
- 3+ years of experience in professional software development.
Ambry Genetics Corporation is a CAP-accredited and CLIA-licensed molecular genetics laboratory based in Aliso Viejo, California. We are a genetics-based healthcare company that is dedicated to open scientific exchange so we can work together to understand and treat all human disease faster.
At Ambry, everyone is welcome. A career at Ambry Genetics is a chance to be part of a dynamic company that aims to improve health by understanding the relationships between genetics and human disease. We earned our reputation as industry leaders by responsibly introducing cutting-edge genetic testing solutions and continually sharing what we learn with the global scientific community.
At Ambry you will be learning, challenging yourself, and having fun while collaborating with teammates through the open exchange of ideas. We also offer access to gym memberships, onsite food trucks, “Lunch and Learns,” and more. Our outstanding benefits program includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, FSA, and generous paid time off (PTO) program. Ambry Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we maintain a drug-free work environment.
Ambry Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race (and traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Ambry does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters, third party recruiting agencies, outside recruiters or firms without an executed contract in place. We are not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by Ambry. Such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Ambry and will be processed accordingly.