Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally. Siemens Factory Automation (FA) solutions help customers achieve high availability of plants and machines, along with resource- and cost-optimized production. Our portfolio focuses on delivering value in areas of continuous optimization of plant operation, comprehensive preventive maintenance and the fastest possible repairs. Our latest addition, the Siemens Industrial Edge, substantially improves the reliability, ease of deployment and management, and time to value of edge services that further optimize a factory's performance. Siemens is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer. In this role, youâ€™ll be working with the cloud and edge computing strategy team of the Factory Automation (DI FA) Business Unit to perform the following job duties:
The role will involve integrating technologies from different tiers of infrastructure: cloud, hyper converged, IT, and OT. This role requires architecture design skills as well as adaptability of new technologies and products, both internally and externally. The ideal candidate will have the following minimum qualification:
- Develop software product vision, strategy, roadmap of an edge-to-cloud integration system
- Identify short, medium, and long-term product features
- Define integrations with Siemensâ€™ product portfolio and leading cloud providers
- Collecting customer feedback and prioritizing feature requests
- Take on a leadership technical role for an international development team, providing mentorship and hands-on practical training for junior software developers. Strong leadership skills and ability to work collaborate with junior software developers is a necessary requirement for success in this role.
- B.S, M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years of software development experience
- Strong proficiency and experience in at least one server side technology: Java, Python, Golang, C++
- Strong proficiency and experience in open source HTTP frameworks and API design
- Experience driving product features, functional specifications, and development schedules, ability to represent their team and articulate complex technology
- Experience in cloud computing and container technology
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Experience leading and mentoring other software developers
The ideal candidate will have the following Skills and Attributes: The ideal candidate will have the following preferred qualification:
- Dynamic and engaging style with exceptional communications skills â€“ written and verbal. Able to present to all levels and audiences internal and external to Siemens. Able to drive participation and contribution through persuasion.
- Proven people leadership and management skills for both direct and matrixed teams. Able to give and receive feedback positively.
- An indomitable ability and drive to disrupt via innovation; to dive deeply and seamlessly into complex elements of a technology-driven business; to think strategically, act tactically, and plan practically; to exercise strong problem-solving skills in the presence of ambiguity; and to pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Team player, able to juggle multiple work streams with matrixed resources and goals in a dynamic, growing company segment where cultural change and matrix organization is a norm. Flexible and adaptable to changing requirements.
- Ensures focus on measurable outcomes and value to the business. Establishes appropriate measurement criteria and reports to management quantifiable progress over time
The candidate will be working with a remote team across Germany, USA, and India, so schedule flexibility is required. Posting will be for Alpharetta, GA but remote work from a home office is acceptable. This candidate must be available to travel domestically or internationally.
- Experience working in designing architectures and frameworks in an ambiguous environment
- Experience performing project/program management tasks is a plus
- Experience in edge computing, IoT, or industrial automation is a plus
- Multilingual is a plus
Digital Industries Company:
Siemens Industry, Inc. Experience Level:
Experienced Professional Job Type:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, . California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click .