Healthcare Specialist/Combat Medic (68W) @ U.S. Army Pasadena - Altadena, CA
Healthcare Specialist/Combat Medic (68W)
Post a job for free in Altadena, CA
---------------This Job Request you to ENLIST to US ARMY-------------------------------------------------
The combat medic specialist is primarily responsible for providing emergency medical treatment at point of wounding on the battlefield, limited primary care, and health protection and evacuation from a point of injury or illness.
- Administer emergency medical treatment to battlefield casualties
- Assist with outpatient and inpatient care and treatment
- Instruct Soldier's on Combat Lifesaver/First Responder training course
- Manage Soldier's medical readiness, medical supplies and equipmentTraining
Job training for a combat medic specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in-patient care.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Patient-care techniques
- Emergency medical techniques
- Advanced medical care
- Plaster-casting techniquesHelpful Skills
- Enjoy helping and caring for others
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under stressful conditions
- Interest in chemistry, biology, psychology, general science and algebra
- High attention to detail
Required ASVAB Score(s)Skilled Technical (ST): 101, General Technical (GT): 107
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with civilian hospitals, clinics, nursing homes or rehabilitation centers. With a combat medic specialist background, you may consider a career as an emergency medical technician, medical assistant, a medication aide or physician’s assistant.
Soldiers in this MOS must also obtain certification from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians at the EMT level or higher.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $26,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Security Clearance Required:
- Confidential (Required)
- Store Discounts
- Multiple locations
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19