- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one scripting language such as python, ruby or go.
Seattle, WA | Arlington, VA | Other USA locations negotiable
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides secure, resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It is designed to make web-scale cloud computing easier and more cost effective for developers. On the EC2 Capacity Customer Experience (CCX) team within AWS, our mission is to ensure the right capacity is available for customers through forecasting, planning, guidance and execution, especially for large unpredictable scaling events. On the EC2 CCX team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that data insights and analysis is critical to our success. To help build this growing team, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, set high standards with a focus on superior business success.
Our mission is to make it easy for software teams to grow by getting the capacity they need to build new products and features. You will focus on creating end-to-end workflows that support this mission by giving customers the data they need to make good decisions, empowering the organization around you to solve the difficult problems we face through data visualization and distribution.
You will collaborate with our business teams and other engineers who are passionate about leveraging the latest technologies to solve complex problems by building web applications, APIs, and data layers that allow us to aggregate, visualize, and act on large amounts of data. You will work at every layer of the stack and grow you knowledge of how to architect in the cloud at scale.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code and document reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and leader, and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 5+ years of software development experience and a bachelor's or master's degree (or higher) in computer science or a related discipline
- 5+ years experience in object-oriented design and development
- 5+ years experience in distributed systems and web services design
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud Systems and Services
- A passion for technology. We are looking for someone who is keen to leverage their existing skills while trying new approaches.
- Experience designing and implementing highly scalable web services utilizing React
- Experience building and operating mission critical, highly available (24x7) systems
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.