We are seeking a Research Engineer with strong research and software engineering expertise to join our Automation Runtime Systems Research Group in Princeton, NJ. The right person will have a mix of research experience in software engineering and strong knowledge of industrial automation systems!
In the role as Research Engineer, you will
- Research on the industrial data and control infrastructure for the automation systems of the future
- Apply research and working knowledge to solve real world industrial challenges
- Work with Research Scientists and Software Engineers to build concepts and develop working prototypes
- Present technical results to customers and acquire new businesses
- Seek advocacy from appropriate Siemens’ business units on potential use cases
- Develop sophisticated engineering software
- Design, implement, test, optimize, and document software components
- Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of product components
Qualified candidates will have:
- MS required in Automation Engineering, Autonomous Systems, Software Engineering, Electrical engineering; PhD preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in similar research / software engineering roles
- Knowledge of industrial automation systems for discrete or process industries.
- Working knowledge with PLCs, drives, HMIs, or motion control systems for industrial automation.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication (verbal & written) skills
- Real world problem solving and a hands-on, can-do mentality.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Working knowledge of industrial IoT connectivity frameworks, such as DDS, OPC-UA
- Working knowledge of data management solutions for industrial data on Edge and Cloud
- Experience of PLC/PAC programming (Siemens, ABB, GE, TI, etc.)
Siemens Technology employees are passionate about applied research. We create technology with purpose that benefits society - more agile and productive factories, more intelligent and efficient buildings and grids, more reliable and sustainable transportation. Our work powers Siemens products and is regularly featured in patents and publications. We operate in a global ecosystem focused on innovation, partnering with our customers, businesses, government agencies, and leading academic institutions on highly visible projects where collaboration is key.
Our people continuously develop their talents, are curious, and are not afraid to take risks in pursuit of technological innovation. A strong learning culture empowers employees at Siemens Technology to own their growth and development.
We know that diversity fuels innovation and drives business success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, where diversity of thought, culture, and experience is seen as our greatest strength. This is what brings our best ideas to life.
We take pride in bringing our best selves to work every day, prioritizing individual health, work-life blend, and flexibility.
At Siemens Technology, the success of our employees drives our success.