Travelstride is an ambitious Venture-funded Seed stage company led by industry & startup veterans that is serving a large, long-term growing opportunity. Our investors include JetBlue Technology Ventures, NFX (top VC for marketplaces), New York Angels, Sand Hill Angels, and the founders of Trulia, Get There, Hipmunk, TripIt, and Google Now.
We are the top US marketplace for tours, private tailor-made vacations, & adventure trips. Our platform hosts more than 50,000 travel experiences across every continent from ~1,500 of the world’s best travel companies and local experts. With over 125,000 trusted reviews, Travelstride enables travelers of all types to explore the world with ease and confidence. And we are expanding into becoming the most useful and engaged online community for the top 10% of passionate travelers.
We are a values and mission driven company. Here's what's most important to us:
Our purpose: Bring wonder, joy, learning, and connection through better and more frequent travel.
Our mission: Foster a community connecting travelers with wonderful places, people and experiences.
Our vision: Become the most useful travel community, where people of all types find, share, and book wonderful trips.
Our mantra: Think big. Start Small. Move fast. First do it. Then do it right. Then do it better.
Our core values: Arete, Speed, Grit, Daring, Balance, Growth mindset, Responsibility, Proactive, United, Fun, Resourceful, Trustworthy
You'll be an important part of a small team with big ambitions: delivering a delightful and engaging product that makes it possible to seamlessly find and book a traveler's perfect adventurous vacation.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience working with established, medium to large-sized codebases. You should feel comfortable building new systems, refactoring existing code, writing tests when you spot something that's lacking coverage, and implementing new features quickly.
We're still young, so there's a large opportunity here to steer the direction of the code and the product as it grows. If you think you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you.
- 3-7 years in web development
- Obsessed with clean and quality code
- Implementing API and integrating with external services
- Comfortable optimizing SQL queries
- Strong communication skills, positive attitude and empathy
- Deep awareness of cross-browser quirks and responsive design
- A passion for the mobile web and mobile performance
- Enthusiasm for working with designers and product managers
- Grasp of the big picture
- Loves taking full responsibility and ownership over code/features/project
- Passion for excellence
Additional awesomeness (but not required):
- DevOps experience
- Knowledge of NodeJS and/or Ruby On Rails and/or Django frameworks
- SPA frameworks (React/Angular/Vue)
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Passion for Travel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why work with us? The benefits:
- Shape the future of a fast-growing startup in an adventurous industry
- Competitive base salary
- Generous equity
- Flexible vacation and an annual stipend for tours and vacation packages
- Spend every day with a team of world-class individuals and achieve personal growth with the company
- Regular company meals plus quarterly team outings & parties