This is a Hybrid
position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th 2022 for this position.
In this System Analyst role you will be responsible for analyzing and documenting business requirements for new information technology solutions or enhancements to existing solutions. You will support system development activities in accordance with appropriate methodologies and application of a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the development process. You will lead requirements elicitation and documentation for one or more medium to large projects with increased complexity.Additional Job DescriptionMAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project coordination & execution role for Plan and Define as part of the System Development process
- Development of business process models, business requirements/user stories (functional and non-functional) and product backlogs
- Critical thinking ability
- Strong problem-solving capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Full lifecycle application development using standard design patterns and frameworks
- Complete cycle software project delivery efforts
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment processes and tools (DevOps)
- Technical writing knowledge around system design specification and user documentation of software systems and ensure that technical documentation meets GM standards
- Performance tuning, usability assessment and improvement
- Proactive identification and remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the solution code or configuration
- Integration of software solutions within company environments and external landscapes
- Knowledge of software testing, quality assurance and solutions testing including automation
- Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software applications
- Documentation of software solutions and ensure that technical documentation meets GM standards
- Compliance with GM standards and industry standard methodology
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and personal development
- Assists with coordination & representation for Change Requests (CRs)
- Assists with identifying/selecting the best talent. Responsible for directing and prioritizing work, managing performance and providing guidance / coaching to team members. Manages the culture within their team, holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- In-depth understanding of business analyst fundamentals
- In-depth understanding of writing & leading Business Requirements Documents
- In-depth understanding of Business Process Modeling
- Significant experience with CI/CD processes and tools (e.g., PCF, Azure DevOps)
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) as well as software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of business issues and data challenges of the organization and industry as a whole
- In-depth understanding of business process and how application(s) they represent support it
- Demonstrates critical skills such as collaboration, strong written and verbal communication skills and analytical capability
- Independently facilitates sessions with end users, asking probing questions to elicit business process discussion and capture process flow diagrams
- Independently facilitates meetings.
- Some experience with programming in Java, Python, .NET or other languages would be beneficial. Understanding of security, efficient code reuse, and software design.
- In-depth business knowledge
- Action oriented
- Raises issues appropriately
- Presents information for decision-making purposes with little to no direction
- Increased technical & business insight for planning
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task i.e. leading multiple projects
- Bachelor's degree required (technical discipline preferred) or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years in an applicable business environment.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us [email protected]
In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.