Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer within the Retail Growth team, you will be the driver for Retail’s growth over the next year and beyond. Our team consists of Android, iOS, Frontend, and Server engineers allowing us to design, build, and ship features across our Point of Sale clients. We are responsible for expanding internationally to support new markets, expanding and building out our onboarding flows, and building new features to ensure we support as many types of businesses as possible, in addition to scaling the product from small sellers to larger Retailers. You'll work cross functionally with Product and Design to build features that present elegant UI for complex problems, saving sellers time and reducing anxiety as they strive to succeed in today’s pandemic-accelerated shift to omni-channel selling.
- Build, test, and ship end-to-end features in a large microservice architecture and sophisticated web applications.
- Work across platforms to power remarkable frontend experiences with robust backend services and APIs.
- Work with a world-class team of experienced and dedicated engineers and designers.
- Embed with partner teams to extend Square's platform for the benefit of retail sellers.
- Deliver features to our growing base of subscribers, shipped at a rapid cadence.
- Empower our sellers with the tools they need to compete with the biggest retailers.
- Write concise, well-crafted code and tests.
- 5+ years of full-stack or frontend web development experience, including web applications, and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior software engineers to deliver solutions while fostering growth.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Openness to continuing to grow your breadth and depth.
- Unwavering commitment to customer experience and product quality.
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.Perks
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.