Dialpad is where work comes together—one, beautiful workspace for anywhere communication & collaboration. With the industry's most innovative business phone system, unlimited text and team messaging, one-click video meetings, and the world's most advanced AI Contact Center—Dialpad is completely transforming how the world works together. Our People. Our Culture
At Dialpad, we believe that when the right people come together, anything is possible. We've created an incredible, passionate, and welcoming culture that truly makes Dialpad an amazing place to work. We also place equity, balance, and belonging at the heart of everything we do.
At Dialpad, work isn't a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don't just build products for anywhere workers—we are
anywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore to support our hybrid workers, and remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their different perspectives and contributions. Join The Movement
After founding Google Voice and radically transforming consumer communications, our founders set out to completely transform the way the world works together. With over $2B in valuation and funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere. The team
Every engineer on our global Engineering team is given the opportunity to take ownership of a large portion of the product where they're able to see immediate results. Combining natural language processing and artificial intelligence with world-class cloud computing, the things you'll create at Dialpad will shape the future of work—enabling companies to work from anywhere and making business communication more human.
The Product Engineering, Growth team is focused on the User Lifecycle and how core features are discovered by the users that deliver impact. You often ask questions about a stickiness of a product feature and how users find them. Or how Core Product Features are more accessible to the user by focusing on the health of a user lifecycle, leveraging data, and user feedback to ensure optimal adoption and usage. What you will achieve In your first 30 days:
In your first 60 days:
- Set up your development environment
- Get to know a highly communicative and collaborative engineering team
- Complete engineering onboarding
- Learn how the Growth team's key areas of focus tie into the product. Our focus areas are:
- Getting/keeping new users by reducing entry friction and making our value obvious
- Minimizing churn by keeping our users happy and supported
- Minimizing and mitigating fraudulent or exploitative activities
- Implementing and reviewing internal analytics to keep our direction focused on what users want
- Add a new analytics event and track it over time in amplitude to measure the impact of a feature
- Feel comfortable sharing your input during brainstorms on how we can push our team and the product forward
- Give internal team demos at progress milestones during a project
By 90 days:
- Implement an A/B test, analyze the results, and decide on the winner
- Be able to anticipate and mitigate fraud risks by proactively implementing detection metrics
- Begin giving estimates on technical resources and requirements necessary to plan and begin projects
- Give larger scale internal demos on new features that you have completed and explain how they fit into the bigger picture
- Participate in stability based projects that address team technical debt
Who you are
- Feel comfortable interfacing with 3rd parties or business partners to facilitate integrations into our flows
- Develop expertise in nuances inherent in specific signup flows such as self service, sales assisted and international
- Be confident enough in your knowledge of our code styles to contribute beyond your own projects through peer code reviews
- Contribute thoughts and new ideas on what the focus should be for upcoming stability/tech debt work
- Continue contributing to fun projects meant to delight users!
As an experienced full-stack software engineer, you will own significant user-facing features end-to-end that directly drive Dialpad's customer growth. In a heavily metric-driven team, you will be able to innovate and iterate exciting new ideas that can be quickly validated. Passionate about cultivating a narrative for onboarding customers that brings to the forefront everything there is to love about our products such as through guided tours and user onboarding flows, your work will guide users through products' functionality.
You bring a strong background in engineering web apps and are keen to build out the exact right UI experience for customers. You are a champion of developing hypotheses and -A/B experimentation to improve the product experience and user adoption. In addition to working with the Growth team, you will also work with cross functional teams to vet out solutions and build more simplified products for modern web browsers.
- 3+ years' professional web application-based development experience
- Experience with supporting backend for web applications
Our Tech Stack: Python backend on Google App Engine / Google Cloud Platform, Vue.js/vuex frontend running natively in Electron, numerous integrations with third party services Benefits Culture
We've been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, "Skill & Will," we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged. Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success. Healthcare and Wellness
Stay healthy and happy! All employees will be covered with medical insurance along with up to five dependent members of the family. We even offer a monthly stipend to help cover your gym membership costs and offer a variety of wellness events to attend. Who wants to join a fitness class, a zen session, or a cooking class? That and more are available to all Dialpad employees! Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity. Flexible Work Accommodations
These days, it's business as unusual. That's why we offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone and home internet. We also cover costs for home office equipment and encourage employees to take advantage of our generous time off and vacation policy. Education
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses. Meals & Transportation
Use a prepaid card to pay for the commute to the office and enjoy meals, snacks, and drinks on us. Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.