At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary: As a Staff Software Engineer on the Bill Pay Engineering team, you will work on an integrated payment processing service solution for Billing Aggregators that directly contributes to PayPal’s growth. This individual will play a key role on an engineering team that is directly responsible for solving complex engineering problems across multiple tech stacks and contributing to the development of products that span Braintree, Venmo, PayPal, and Hyperwallet. The Bill Pay Engineering team works closely with the Bill Pay Architect Lead, infrastructure teams, program and product management, and domain engineering teams to collaboratively remove barriers for successful execution of our company’s top priorities. You will gain exposure to cross functional technology and business domains such as transaction processing, settlement, pricing, and reporting.
Job Description: Key Responsibilities
- Become an expert in how components interact and have a deep understanding of how information flows to educate cross functional teams and stakeholders
- Act in a consultancy role by directly integrating onto domain specific engineering teams to help enable Bill Pay solutions and influence technology implementation
- Drive consensus across multiple engineering teams and advocate for long term manageable solutions
- Effectively communicate technology strategies and trade-offs to engineering domain teams and to non-technical stakeholders
- Lead technical architecture discussions and help drive high-level technical decisions across engineering teams
- Inspire the team to continuously optimize and improve code and technology processes
- Drive team wide commitment to code quality and standards
- 6+ years of track record in designing and writing understandable, testable, and easy-to-maintain software
- Fluency in programming languages such as Java, Ruby, Python, Node
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases
- Deep knowledge of industry design patterns and object-oriented programming
- Commitment to operational excellence through the development of automation, instrumentation of code, and monitoring solutions
- Strong dedication to code quality
- Strong creative problem solving
- Experience with hiring and mentoring
- A bias for continuous improvement, growth, and innovative thinking
- Strong collaborator and communicator
- Experience with pair programming
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with Airflow or Spark
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.