- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one object oriented language such as Java, C++, or C# with track record of applying OOD patterns
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Able to solve problems using common data structures and algorithms that is logical and maintainable, i.e implement graph search, hashmaps, and arrays with helper functions and unit test cases
Are you interested in helping Amazon make history and redefine the meaning of ‘fast’ in eCommerce? We are the Same Day Delivery Experience team and are in the early innings of reinventing the Amazon shopping experience to make Amazon the first place customers think to shop when they need something today, wherever they are in the world. We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer II for the Same Day Delivery Experience team to help ensure we have a compelling and friction-free ‘delivery in hours’ experience available to our customers, and help drive continuous innovation and improvement of the delivery experience across all phases of shopping, buying, and post purchase experience.
- Every single retail purchase placed on Amazon's retail websites uses our team’s software.
- Our systems process hundreds of millions of transactions per day.
- Our team’s work impacts millions of customers all over the world.
In this role, you will:
- Build highly extensible software systems to meet the rapid growth of Amazon's delivery business and capabilities.
- Evolve and build services that are highly reliable and extremely low latency
- Design the direction of the checkout delivery experience working with multiple, different teams across the company
- Build the next generation systems for representing delivery choices to enable rapid experimentation in the area of User Experience
You will be working in a fast-paced environment, on a team of smart software engineers, to design and build the right technical solutions to meet the needs of the business. You will have direct ownership over the design of new components aimed at improving the platform's extensibility, scalability, availability, and latency. We care about both delighting customers and high quality software; we don’t sacrifice one for the other. We’re looking for someone with a demonstrated track record of highly-scalable, global software solutions.
- Solid system design and architecture experience.
- Ability to lead and focus a team of experienced engineers, leading them to a common technical goal.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and technical disagreements while leading the team to the optimal solution
- Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
- Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
- Demonstrable track record as an owner: someone who can take a concept and make it real.
- A thirst for knowledge and continuous improvement.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.