Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success.
As applications and systems become more sophisticated and user experience is at high stake, observability - the ability to monitor and understand the systems and how they impact users, becomes one of the biggest challenges for engineering teams. We are building world-class tools to help engineers deliver better, faster, and more reliable applications.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Splunk Observability teams. As a frontend software engineer, you will closely collaborate with UI/UX designers, Frontend Architects, and Product Managers to design and implement modern, delightful, and intuitive features that power Splunk Observability products. You will interact with early-access design partners and other customers to understand their needs and problems. We are obsessed with solving customers’ problems. We move fast and iterate quickly. We have ambitious goals to build best-of-its-kind products. You will help us win in a fast-growing market.
- You will work with UI/UX designers, Product Managers, and customers to explore and brainstorm new Observability product features.
- You will design new features and drive their requirements and implementation in Splunk Observability’s frontend TypeScript/React.js codebase.
- You will participate in the design, implementation, maintenance, and evolution of Splunk Observability’s web applications, web services, and APIs.
- You will help improve engineering quality and operation excellence for the whole frontend systems.
- Several years of experience building delightful web applications.
- Passionate about building elegant and powerful user interfaces to solve customer problems.
- Experience driving technical designs for frontend systems.
- The ability to adapt quickly and can solve problems through uncertainty.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Leadership and mentoring skills and the ability to work with engineers and non-engineers of various skill levels.
- Extensive knowledge of web standards and modern browsers, responsive design, and of the full web technology stack.
- Proficiency in TypeScript, React.js, and GraphQL or the ability to learn it quickly.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).