** Pay Commensurate with experience **Job Description:
Produces CNC part programs, setup sheets, screen shots and any documented information essential for Manufacturing to operate a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining part geometry files and part program files (NC). Produces CNC part programs, setup sheets, screen shots and any documented information essential for Manufacturing to operating a CNC machine for the purpose of creating tooling including but not limited to; fixtures and jigs; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining part geometry files and part program files (NC). Follow data retention and control of documented information protocols. Work in a manner consistent with current digital product definition (DPD) procedure.Language Skills:
Must have solid reading, writing, and comprehension skills in order to understand instructions, correspondence, and memos. Strong written communication skills required.
Strong communication skills are needed to effectively present information to other co-workers.
- Good machine-related troubleshooting skills and the ability to communicate well with all shop personnel.
- Ability to provide clear concise set-up information in English.
- Successful candidate must meet all requirements under CGP & ITAR.
- Communicate with Planning and Upper Management.
Strong mathematical background is preferred. Including, but not limited to: geometry and trigonometry related to design and engineering.Reasoning Ability
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. Sitting at a desk for extended periods of time is a reality of programming, periodic stretching and/or standing is encouraged; use hands to type, use a mouse, touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (noise may increase while on the shop floor).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Duties and Responsibilities
1. Generate NC programming from 3d models and 2d drawings for all types of CNC machines.
2. Generate all supporting documentation for NC programming including but not limited to; Setup sheets, screen shots, machine cutting tool list, custom notes.
3. Report progress and status of programming jobs to the project manager, planning, and upper management.
4. Design custom tooling, tools, setups for the production of complex machined parts.
5. Creates and maintains part programs for all types of numerical control applications taking into considerations such as factors as machining parameters, cutter selections and control limitations, while ensuring the design intent and component quality is achieved.
6. Communicate with all shop personnel to improve setup instructions and identify efficiency improvements
7. Generate 2D drawing and/or sketches and route to Quality for inspection.
8. Order and kit tools as needed for each corresponding job
9. Handle all correspondence with External Providers in regards to any machine maintenance as required
10. Understand the IAE quality policy
11. Able to keep work space organized at all times / Housekeeping
12. Understand all safety requirements as per Job Requirements and QMS (Pertaining to but not limited to: Federal, State, Local Health and safety regulations)
13. Additional duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $27.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location