- Native or near-native Hindi fluency
- Experience using English in a professional setting
- Able to work with audio content (wearing headsets) for a portion of the day
- Working knowledge of computers
Alexa is Amazon’s voice service and the brain behind millions of devices, including Amazon Echo. Alexa provides capabilities, or skills, that enable customers to create a more personalized experience. The Alexa Skills team makes it possible for partners, brands, and developers to create skills, and for customers to discover, engage with, and enjoy skills. We believe voice is the future of technology interaction, providing a natural interface to make complex things simple.
Are you passionate about building the world of tomorrow?
If so, join us! Alexa Skills is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Data Specialist to join our team.
Key job responsibilitiesAs Data specialist you will:
- Transcribe and annotate high priority deliverables
- Deliver high quality work under aggressive deadlines
- Translate established guidelines into daily work practices
- Work autonomously with minimal direction
- Handle unique data analysis requests from a range of data customers
- Contribute to process improvements to reduce handling time and improve
In addition, the Data Specialist will need to quickly understand changes to conventions deployed in response to customers’ requests and change workflows accordingly.
The Data Specialist should be able to contribute to improvements in the software tools by identifying bugs and suggesting enhancements.
Our Data Specialists have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. The idealcandidate also:
- Shows proactive behavior in addressing issues and problems
- Possesses excellent communication and organizational skills, and is very
- Is comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work
- Demonstrates willingness to support several projects at one time, and to
accept re-prioritization as necessary
- Adapts quickly to keep up with changing project conventions and new
A day in the life
As a Hindi Data Specialist you focus on Hindi language and cultural data, primarily in the areas of
transcription, text annotation, and general data analysis deliverables.
About the team
The ASK International Data (ASK ID) team is made up of Language Data Researchers, Data Scientists, Language Engineers, BIEs, Team Managers,
Program/Product Managers, and Data Specialists, with the goal of understanding and improving the Spoken Language Understanding (SLU) experience for ASK users and developers.
Our mission is to make Alexa indispensable to customers by delivering delightful experiences made through external developers. We engage partners to extend Alexa’s capabilities through creation of Skills, grow Alexa’s footprint on non-Amazon connected devices, and act as force multipliers in scaling
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; a degree working with language, linguistics preferred
- Native or with advanced fluency in 1+ additional languages
- Experience working as a transcriber or annotator
- Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs
- Experience working with language data, including experience with annotation and other forms of data markup
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.