Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers’ tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples’ expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
Headquartered in Brea, California, Ventura Foods operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and numerous distribution centers across North America. When you work in our manufacturing and distribution facilities, you get a strong foundation of training, a manager who cares about you and celebrates your success, a safe environment, and challenging work. As part of our team, your future is limited only by how much you’re willing to push yourself to get there. We invest in your growth, because you invest in ours.
The Senior Network Security Engineer will be a member of the Information Security team that is responsible for securing and monitoring the Ventura Foods network. This position will help ensure the overall security architecture of Ventura Foods networks and endpoints, monitor the environment for security events and breaches, and lead technical incident response activities. The position will work closely with the IT network operations team, but is not responsible for network device administration.
- Network Security Architecture - Working with the IT network operations team in designing, configuring, and segmenting Ventura Foods IT networks based upon best practices. Ensuring secure configuration of network devices (routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, wireless access points, etc.).
- Internet of Things (IoT) & Operational Technology (OT) Security - Working with the IT operations team in designing, configuring, and segmenting Ventura Foods IoT and OT networks based upon best practices. Ensuring secure configuration of IoT and OT devices.
- Monitoring - Establishing and performing comprehensive security monitoring capabilities for network and endpoint security devices to alert and identify possible security attacks/breaches. This includes integrating various log sources to the SIEM and overseeing and working with managed security services providers.
- Incident Response - Act as technical lead to investigate security events and incidents. Develop and maintain incident response plan and related procedures. Develop and lead periodic incident response testing exercises to ensure plan and procedures are adequate. Maintain incident response retainer vendor relationship.
- Network Risk Assessment & Vulnerability Management - Identify and assess risks associated with implemented or design plans for IT and OT networks, and provide recommendations to address identified risks. Perform vulnerability scanning, assessment, and remediation.
- Administrative Functions - Planning, time tracking, training, budgeting, etc.
- 5+ years' work experience as a network security engineer or related position required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, security, or related field preferred
- 2+ years' work experience with Operational Technology (OT) networks preferred
- CISSP, CISM, SANS certification or similar preferred
- Strong knowledge of next generation firewalls required
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols, TCP/UDP/IP, OSI 7 layer model, DNS security, etc. required
- Proven ability to implement segmentation of flat networks required
- Strong knowledge of SIEM/SOC technologies, network security monitoring, and incident response activities required
- Proven ability to lead large-scale technical projects with assigned technical personnel to successful completion required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Proven troubleshooting and issue resolution experience required
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls and VPN preferred
- Working knowledge of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), operational technology (OT), and the PURDUE model preferred
- Strong understanding of NIST CSF, ISO 270001/2, or similar security frameworks preferred
- Understanding of SASE and cloud network security preferred
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Linux, encryption, and certificate authorities preferred
Ventura Foods offers career growth opportunities as well as competitive compensation and benefits:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, & Vision – coverage beginning on your 1st day for eligible employees
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) matching (after eligible criteria is met)
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time, and Holidays
- Employee Appreciation Events and Employee Assistance Programs
- Salary Base Range of $119,000 – $149,000 for Employees Located in California*
- The “base salary range” provided above is a good faith estimate of what we expect to pay for this position. The range provided is for California-based employees as Ventura Foods is required by California State Law to post pay rates. Ventura Foods reserves the right to pay outside of the given range based on a variety of factors including but not limited to: candidate skills and experience, complexity of the job, budgetary factors, and location/geography. Ventura Foods conducts regular reviews of compensation ranges and therefore reserves the right to alter this range at any given time.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment in which all employees are treated with respect is evident in our company culture and values. We believe that fostering an environment of inclusion and a focus on diversity across our organization is vital to attracting top talent, driving innovation, and meeting the high expectations of our customers in a rapidly evolving global marketplace.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.