Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We're seeking an experienced open source engineer to not only help build and support Mailchimp's Open Commerce project but to help foster the community around the project. You can expect to develop new and existing features as well as review pull requests and issues from community members. You will collaborate with others to optimize our Open Commerce software and engage with the open source community in a number of ways.
You enjoy writing code and shipping features but you also enjoy teaching and helping others build things. You prefer using modern technologies to find simple solutions for complicated problems and you love to write everything down.We'd love to hear from you if:
What you'll do:
- You have a strong knowledge of accessibility, performance and usability best practices
- You have extensive experience writing tests for user interfaces. This includes unit, integration and end to end testing using tools like Jest and Cypress
- You have experience working with GraphQL APIs
- You have experience working with OAuth / OpenID Connect
- You have experience using Docker and Docker Compose
- You have experience using a CI / CD workflow
- You have some experience with backend technologies like Node and MongoDB
- You're comfortable working on a fully distributed team with team members based in different timezones
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You're comfortable interfacing with the open source community, answering questions, helping solve problems and taking feedback
About Mailchimp Open Commerce
- Build new features for the Open Commerce software
- Maintain existing Open Commerce software by fixing bugs and creating new releases
- Interface with the open source community reviewing community created pull requests, triaging community issues, answering questions in chat channels and attending community council meetings
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn and are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight and views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade and within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F and R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.