WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.The Job
WarnerBros seeks a Engineer, Digital Media System for the Media Supply Chain: Mastering, Archive & Localization Technologies department.
The Engineer, Digital Media Systems will be a member of the Media Supply Chain (MSC) team within the WarnerMedia Technology (WMTO) organization. The engineer’s responsibilities will include a variety of technical funcitions, including: creation/optimization of digital audio/video specifications and workflows, onboarding of new clients into our distribution platforms, selection, development, deployment and support of infrastructure, software tools and physical equipment, and asset research and development activities across Mastering, Archive, and Localization Technology (MALT). These functions are core to the success of the MALT solutions and to Warner Media B2B and DTC digital strategies. It is critical that our client onboarding, video and audio specifications and solutions leverage the latest and most efficient tools and codecs to ensure our products have the highest quality and are well received in the market and with our partners.The Daily
- Perform Digital Video Engineering duties including creation of ingest specifications and workflows for incoming media, creation of delivery specifications and workflows for recipients and emerging distribution outlets, review digital audio and video issues/rejections and non-standard workflow issues and provide analysis/recommendations
- As a Digital Audio and Video Subject Matter Expert (SME) participate in R&D activities including the optimization/creation of video specs, research new video/audio technologies and solutions in the marketplace, work with video leads throughout the company to create, establish, and adopt technical standards, and work with external vendors to validate configurations, solutions, and outputs
- Assist in managing testing facilities within the control of MALT. Working with the MALT DevOps team, perform systems management and development in support of these facilities including systems admin, patching, and software development/deployment. Deploy and manage hardware and software solutions to support ongoing review, QC and testing scenarios.
- Facilitate the onboarding of clients to the various distribution solutions including communicating with identified recipient contacts, creation of specifications and test files, creation of client profiles and troubleshooting.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 year’s experience with media hardware/software systems, formats, and codecs
- Advanced experience troubleshooting audio/video encoding, transcode and playback issues, to include:
- Technical file evaluation
- Bitrate optimization for playback and delivery
- Advanced experience constructing video profiles to optimize performance, delivery and sustainability.
- Fundamental understanding of video watermarking technologies and processes including:
- Understanding of underlying technology and process
- Skill with tools to locate, detect and read watermarks in video
- Experience coordinating multiple 3rd party vendors
- Media asset management system experience required
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
- Advanced understanding of cloud and on-premise video encoding, decoding and processing tools and processes
- Advanced understanding of digital signal testing and routing tools & processes
- Advanced understanding of cloud and on-premise infrastructure tools and processes
- Understanding of professional audio tools such as ProTools and Audacity for analysis and troubleshooting
- Understanding of software development lifecycles and tools such as GitHub, Jira and Confluence
- Understanding of file transfer tools such as Aspera, Signiant, SCP, SFTP, etc.
- Written and oral communication skills to communicate in a manner that is clear, well organized, informative, and persuasive
- Understanding of digital content distribution/servicing
- Facilitation and presentation skills, including presentations to senior executives
- Ability to work with outside vendors and clients under sometimes adverse circumstances and under time critical constraints.
- Must be able communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel (in person, written, telephone).
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, if and when necessary.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.