Lead Backend DeveloperPosition Title
Lead Backend DeveloperPosition Summary
We currently have a need for a Lead Backend Developer
. This position is ideal for individuals who have the drive and desire to ‘make things’. It requires a highly motivated individual with attention to details and a hunger to learn and solve problems.Main Duties
An engineer in this position will design, develop, and architect services for the Deluxe One platform, in addition to:
What You Bring
- Contributing to cutting-edge R&D initiatives including service integration with emerging frameworks and platforms
- Assisting with technical resolution of issues on mission critical production systems (you build it, you own it, you run it)
- Thinking out of the box to come up with solutions that scale, are fault-tolerant, easy to grasp and elegant.
- Performing Code reviews and making recommendations on best practices to keep a unified codebase.
About the Company
- 8+ years of Python development experience
- 5+ years of Django Framework experience
- Deep understanding of web application best practices and git development flow
- Expert in scalable database design and POSTGRES
- Experience with application development using docker containers
- Experience in building and supporting RESTful APIs with the django rest framework and token authentication
- Experience with async and scheduled tasks using REDIS
- Experience with python websocket communication and Django Channels
- Understanding of the Full stack of the application and experience with HTML/CSS/JS and Jinja templating language
- Experience with ReactJS and building dynamic frontend applications
- Experience with HTML5 video playback and HLS streaming.
- Understanding of AWS services and deploying web applications
- Excellent communicator who is passionate about quality, supportability, extensibility, and scalable application design
- Focused, dependable, detail-oriented and hands-on – completes tasks quickly and thoroughly
- Excellent work ethics and communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
- A problem solver across technologies and having a core understanding of programming flow and debugging several languages.
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented artists, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com .
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.Diversity Statement
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.