WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Delivering first-in-class content in the best and most engaging ways possible while equipping our people to do so requires an incredible amount of talent… and technology. The technology and operations group covers things like the company’s data strategy, content delivery systems, master control operations, broadcast engineering, advertising technology, and the technology platform for HBO Max, while also supporting the everyday underpinnings of our company. Join our community of extraordinary team members who are truly building the tools that will run the future of entertainment.
Join us. Shape your story here.
WarnerMedia seeks a Production IT Engineer for the Production Technology – EPTDS department.The Daily
- Install, configure, deploy and support Mac & PC desktop hardware and software, including virtual desktop environments
- Provide desktop support, onboard/offboard users, and provide training for cloud applications such as Box, Aspera on Cloud, Office 365, Pix, Shotgun, RV, Cinesyc, SyncOnset, Scenechronize, and Digital Asset Management systems.
- Install & support desktop applications including MS Office, Final Draft, Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Maya, Sketchbook, Zbrush and other content creation programs.
- Patch & remediate security vulnerabilities on desktop computers, servers, and infrastructure devices manually and using automated patch tools (e.g. JAMF, Intune)
- Install, configure, deploy, and manage local and cloud file storage & virtual machines (Synology, Qnap, Pixit Media, Isilon as well as AWS, Azure, and IBM clouds) and associated racks, power supplies, and cooling systems as well as cloud storage buckets, VMs, and containers. Monitor server room environment and equipment health as well as cloud performance, responding as needed to issues.
- Set up and support FileMaker Pro databases hosted both on local servers and in the cloud.
- Troubleshoot & support production VLANs (e.g. StudioNet, Prod Net) on the WB Burbank studio lot and at remote production locations, coordinating with local WB and third party network management resources.
- Install & support videoconference and A/V system hardware & software
- Investigate complex hardware problems by contacting vendors and other WB Technology resources to resolve incidents and develop solutions
- Provides 7x24 on-call support for the above technologies around the world.
- Production Engineering
- Participate in technology orientation meetings with individual production teams.
- Collaborate with production crew and vendors to define content (VFX, Post, Art) workflows. architect and implement applications, servers, shared workstations,VFX media playback systems, local/remote/cloud editorial systems, and accelerated file transfer services (e.g. Aspera on Cloud) to facilitate these workflows.
- Deploy security camera systems with video storage on servers and in the cloud, as well as other physical security systems for server rooms.
- Collaborate with vendors to design and implement network infrastructure (firewalls, switches, SohoNet P2P/Internet, Aruba wireless access points, VLANS, VPN for remote access) for productions on the WB studio lot, third party production faciliries, and remote greenfield production locations.
- Interface with VFX and post production vendors as required to securely incorporate their pipeline applications, servers, and equipment into the production facility and/or network.
- Document logical network diagrams for individual production networks.
- Research, test, and document new technologies considered for use.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of Content Protection & Production Technology Policies & Best Practices as well as BYOD policies. Contribute to policy updates.
- Asset Lifecycle Management and Procurement
- Maintain and track inventory of shared workstations, servers, tablets/iPads, encrypted portable harddrives, and video playback equipment
- Procure software and hardware as needed for productions
- Order and deploy rental computers for productions
- Track installed production software licenses, renew and remove from BYOD computers when crew is offboarded
- Knowledge Management
- Writing/Updating process and workflow documentation
- Developing and publishing end user training material
- Maintaining Prod Tech knowledge articles
- Mobile Support
- Install, configure, deploy, and support mobile hardware and OS, including virtual environments
- Printer and Scanner Support
- Provides break/fix support for printers and ScanSnap scanners
- Knowledge of desktop computing and virtualized environments running Window/Linux/Mac) operating systems
- Familiar with data storage and transfer fundamentals (cloud/on prem, backup & disaster recovery concepts)
- Knowledge of basic network infrastructure design and security hardening
- Ability to analyze existing operations & workflows to identify improvement opportunities
- Familiar in Cyber Security concepts (e.g., best practices, directory services, and application/web authentication methods)
- Ability to quickly assimilate/understand new business & technology concepts (even work that others completed)
- Ability to recognize trends and patterns, perform qualitative and quantitative analysis, and interpret results
- Analysis of data & information to present key take-aways & develop insights
- Able to establish & maintain good relationships with colleagues, partners, and clients
- Always remains composed under pressure
- Researching and recommending opportunities to deploy innovative best practices
- Ability to prioritize work, anticipate needs, and maintain a level head in a fast moving & demanding environment.
- Must be self-driven and a good verbal and written communicator, as this role will often work alone with minimal technical supervision.
- Ability to articulate key points to wide array of audience is a respectful manner, while expressing a clear position on ideas
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone
- Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and verbal instructions
- Must have strong client service orientation
- Must be able to lift and install servers in racks
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must have a valid passport as travel outside the state or country may be necessary
- Must have a car as travel within or outside of Burbank is necessary
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.