Registered Nurse (RN) @ A-1 HOSPICE care 818-237-2700 - Burbank, CA
Registered Nurse (RN)
Post a job for free in Burbank, CA
A1 Hospice Care, INC, is a top notch agency located in Burbank, CA, in search of a Registered Nurse to care for our Hospice patients primarily in the field; in the Greater LA & San Fernando areas.
The Registered Nurse plans, organizes, and directs hospice Care and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of the individual and families within their homes and communities.
Essential Job Functions: Patient Care
1. Completes initial, comprehensive and ongoing assessments of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
2. Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
3. Assesses and evaluates patients status by:
a. Writing and initiating plan of care
b. Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs
c. Participating gin revising the plan on care as necessary.
4. Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
5. Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
6. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physicians plan of care.
7. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
8. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
9. Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient's efforts toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care.
10. Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor/DON and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
1. Completes, maintains,and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient's condition and care given. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as needed.
2. Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs and reports changes in the patient's condition; obtains and receives physicians orders as needed.
3. Communicates with Office Staff and other disciplines to coordinate plan of care.
4. Teaches the patient and family/caregiver techniques and education on medication, diet, and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizeds and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
5. Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
6. Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care.
7. Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice interdisciplinary group members to meet the emotional needs of the patient and family/caregiver.
8. Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
1. Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state of CA.
2. Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing.
3. Current CPR certification
4. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state requirements and is in good working order
5. Minimum of 2 years experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health, home care or hospice nursing is preferred.
6. Self directed and able to work with little supervision.
7. Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
8. May have prolonged considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position, and/or transfer patients; able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $60.00 - $70.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Day shift
Provides PPE for employees, no active Covid patients on Census
- nursing: 2 years (Preferred)
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS/CPR (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Multiple locations
Hours per week:
Completed license needed:
- Upon starting work
- Not listed / Other
- Nurses wear own scrubs
Nurse Patient Ratio:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply