The Software Engineer is a Node.js expert who will help to build our next generation of products and services while working closely with other talented engineers. The ideal candidate will be versatile and highly motivated with a strong sense of commitment and teamwork. A background in image and video systems is a plus, as is development experience in an iterative, Agile/SCRUM environment.Essential Functions
- As part of a collaborative team, build and enhance image and video processing application software for the entertainment industry.
- Work closely with QA, business analysts and customers to design and implement new feature requests.
- As part of a team, implement large, complex enterprise software systems from the ground up.
- Recommend new technologies, tools, and standards to improve efficiency and productivity within the team.
- Research, test, and implement new technologies to support the application architecture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Work Conditions
- BSCS or equivalent required or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree. Advanced degree a plus.
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- 2-3+ years hands-on core Node development preferred.
- 2-3+ years using SQL and relational databases (Aurora, MySQL or Postgres database) preferred.
- Cloud based development (AWS or Azure) knowledge preferred.
- Experience building large, multi-tenant web based and/or client server applications.
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs.
- Expert knowledge of OOD, design patterns, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with role and rule-based security and authentication tools and best-practices preferred (Okta, LDAP, single sign-on, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and best practices.
- Experience using Ruby a plus.
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may require occasionally exerting up to 30 lbs. of force and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
- Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we've built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.