Senior Software Engineer @ Cast & Crew - Burbank, CA
Senior Software Engineer
Post a job for free in Burbank, CA
The Senior Software Engineer is a Node.js expert who will help to build our next generation of products and services for the entertainment industry while working closely with other talented engineers. The ideal candidate will be versatile and highly motivated with a strong sense of commitment and teamwork. A background in document management, employee portals or financial system is beneficial, as is development experience in an iterative, Agile/SCRUM environment.
· Build and enhance web-based business application software for the entertainment industry
· Work closely with QA, business analysts and customers to design and implement new feature requests
· As part of a team, implement large, complex enterprise software systems from the ground up
· Recommend new technologies, tools, and standards to improve efficiency and productivity within the team
· Research, test, and implement new technologies to support the application architecture.
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills
· 5+ years hands-on core Node development
· Experience building large, multi-tenant web-based and/or client-server applications
· Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
· Experience with GraphQL a plus
· Experience with role and rule-based security and authentication tools and best-practices preferred (Okta, LDAP, single sign-on, etc)
· Working knowledge of Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and best practices
· BSCS or equivalent required, advanced degree a plus
· Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Special Working Conditions
· Sedentary: involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods. Occasionally may involve exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or pull.
· Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, and other company perks and benefits!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management, and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we’ve built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.com
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- United States (Required)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19