Sr Front End Engineer @ Warner Bros. Entertainment Group - Burbank, CA
Sr Front End Engineer
Post a job for free in Burbank, CA
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr. Frontend Engineer for the Technology department. The Sr. Frontend Engineer will be hands on technologist that participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle (from requirements analysis, design, development, test, deployment, maintenance and monitoring). This position requires an individual who understands business functions, requirements and translates those to a working application, allowing Technology to continue innovating services in support of the company divisions.
- Design and develop core functionality, efficient and reusable components, systems and abstractions by starting with business needs and objectives, executing against a plan to launch and maintain 24x7 applications that handle millions of users.
- Review project objectives and determine best technology for implementation. Implement best practice standards for development and deployment of code and applications.
- Provide leadership and set high standards of excellence to other developers through personal example, code pairing, dev design and code reviews. Work with internal and external developers to ensure WB Technology code standards and best practices are performed for development of applications.
- Technical ownership for a particular component, process or system, training and leading others in best practices and coding conventions.
- Review emerging technologies and evaluate potential uses, developing prototypes. Recommend action, develop and lead implementation of selected products/services.
- AWS certifications are a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Deep understanding of software data structures and algorithms.
- Be able to ideate and innovate on complex software solutions.
- Expert in the React framework, having a deep understanding of creating high performing, highly efficient responsive frontends that will be served cross-platform / cross-browser.
- Practical EXPERIENCE building RESTful APIs (building and consuming); GraphQL experience is a plus.
- Experience in building polished, top-grade UIs (animations, compliance to a11y guidelines, etc…).
- Experience with architectural patterns such as Microservices, CQRS, Event Sourcing.
- Experience with TDD / BDD.
- Experience working with web applications that require high availability and high scalability.
- Experience with deploying applications to Amazon Web Services (Serverless).
- Experience with DevOps and building CI / CD pipelines using tools like Ansible, Terraform, Docker, *nix shell scripting, etc.
- Experience with distributed version control, cloud-native practices and knowledge repositories using Git, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket Pipelines or equivalent systems.
- Experience building software from feature requirements in an agile, iterative and phased approach.
- Experience with Domain Driven Design principles is a plus.
- Experience developing and implementing automated tests to build pipeline is a plus.
- Understanding of related Web issues, including accessibility, site architecture, user-interface, navigation, type.
- Experience with i18n and l12n.
- Be a team resource, growing other engineers and defining team software standards and engineering best practices.
- Have the ability to design and deliver complex architectures and distributed systems, including working through other engineers to help deliver the end solution.
- Clear communicator (verbal and writing) - Must be able to create and maintain clear, concise, and well-constructed documentation.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills and passion for learning.
- Experience in experimenting with new technologies.
- Experience managing client and vendor relationships is a plus.
- Experience working with off-shore teams is a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail, and a desire to learn and master new technologies a must.
- Strong experience in estimating projects, and time management skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.