The Senior Software Engineer is a Node.js expert who will help to build our next generation of products and services for the entertainment industry while working closely with other talented engineers. The ideal candidate will be versatile and highly motivated with a strong sense of commitment and teamwork. A background in image and video systems is a plus, as is development experience in an iterative, Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Build and enhance image and video processing application software for the entertainment industry
- Work closely with QA, business analysts and customers to design and implement new feature requests
- As part of a team, implement large, complex enterprise software systems from the ground up
- Recommend new technologies, tools and standards to improve efficiency and productivity within the team
- Research, test, and implement new technologies to support the application architecture.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- 5+ years hands-on core Node development
- 5+ years using SQL and relational databases (Aurora, MySQL or Postgres database)
- Cloud based development (AWS or Azure)
- Experience building large, multi-tenant web based and/or client server applications
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Expert knowledge of OOD, design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Experience with role and rule based security and authentication tools and best-practices preferred (Okta, LDAP, single sign-on, etc)
- Working knowledge of Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and best practices
- Experience using Ruby a plus
- BSCS or equivalent required, advanced degree a plus
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, Additional Life Insurance, etc.; paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match; other company perks and benefits.
About Cast & Crew
We enable great content. Films, television, streaming, live events. We make difficult tasks easier - think payroll, human resources, accounting, financial management and workflow. Great content is difficult enough, so we've built solutions and software and, most importantly, linked everything together through a central hub. In English, that means Cast & Crew solutions talk to each other, making those difficult tasks we listed above a whole lot easier and simpler. We do. So you can. Learn more at www.castandcrew.comCA residents:
Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/