Ui Designer @ Gas Media - Burbank, CA
Post a job for free in Burbank, CA
JOB DESCRIPTION & EXPECTATIONS
PRIMARY LOCATION: Remotely-located, work in your own environment
REPORTING TO: Ted McDonald, Head of Design
HOURS: Part-Time (under 32 hours, minimum 20 hours weekly)
COMPENSATION: $21-$24 Hourly (depending on industry experience)
As a UI Designer, you will be directly responsible for bringing UI expertise to our Team and asset development of consumer/enterprise-facing SaaS solutions. We’re looking for a detail-oriented collaborator who can work with a growing design team to establish good systematic practices for creating and maintaining beautiful, usable designs.The ideal candidate has an extensive portfolio and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This prospect has a familiar understanding of internet culture and working with Engineering teams, among bringing a well-versed Graphic Design philosophy.
About Gas Media
At Gas Media, our mission is to fuel the next wave of audiences and creators by breaking down the traditional barriers that stand between them through developing new opportunities in technology, partnerships and innovative solutions. GMG lies at the intersection of being a tech-first media company and serving as the standard for creators, enterprises and studios in music, entertainment and emerging multi-media industries.
We are a multi-platform focused entity focused on generating owned/operated IP, programmatic technical solutions in Digital Rights Management, Syndication/Optimization, Ad Sales, and Content Incubation. We are an industry-leading Media Group proudly representing the best talent and clients in the world. As the fastest growing creator-driven network in history, GMG is the industry’s standard when it comes to content, efficiency and delivery of end-to-end revenue streams.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Collaborating with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Bridge the gap between design & implementation
- Aptitude to interact with third-party APIs and build RESTful web services using Node.js is a plus.
- Work with an existing team and communicate with design/business development divisions to deliver needed end product
- Create visual, production-ready design components that follow the product design standards and can be reused across the design team
- Organize and maintain a scalable design library for UX team using Sketch and other design tools
- Collaborate with all UX disciplines to run a living design system for primary use by design, engineering, writing, and QA
- Document design system components use cases and guidelines for reference
- Collaborate with other designers on use of design system components and creation of new componentry
- Participate in thoughtful critique of visuals and component patterns both remote and in person
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to advocate for user-centered experiences through visuals and communication
- Ensure new components are data-informed and collaborate with researchers to ensure the right experience
- Apply micro-interactions and animations where appropriate and work with development team on what’s feasible
Preferred Qualification & Skills
- A standout portfolio showcasing exemplary visual design chops and product sensibilities.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience, ideally in a consulting environment or as part of an in-house, cross-functional product team.
- Mastery of current UI/UX best practices, as well as modern design tools like Sketch, Principle, and/or Framer.
- Experience designing consumer-facing native UI for iOS and/or Android and a fluent command of each platform’s native design guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong ability to present and defend creative choices persuasively at varying levels of resolution.
- Above-average discipline and personal organization skills.
- Obvious comfort with critique in the context of an iterative design process.
- Experience leading and/or mentoring other designers.
- A demonstrated hunger for personal and professional growth.
- A self-evident love and care for the craft of product design.
- Have experience conducting customer research ranging from qualitative data analysis to hands-on usability testing.
- Have strong illustration, animation, and/or 3D design chops.
- Laptop/PC (macOS or Windows 10)
- Headphones with mic
- Consistent Internet connection
- Work-ready remote environment
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $21.00 - $24.00 per hour
- Principle: 2 years (Preferred)
- UI Design: 2 years (Required)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 2 years (Required)
- Framer: 2 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
Hours per week:
- Monday to Friday