- 8+ years of design experience
- An available online portfolio
2+ years of experience in products on web and mobile platforms
- Design and iteration experience with Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, Zeplin, or similar
- Bachelor's Degree in design (UX, product), HCI, behavioral economics, cognitive psychology, or related field or additional professional experience
This position can be located in Culver City, CA; Atlanta, GA; San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA
About Amazon Music
Amazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio. Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com or download the Amazon Music app.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a talented and passionate UX Designer to play a vital role in shaping the products and services for Amazon Music. Our ideal candidate has the ability to delight customers with their user-centered product design work, by solving customers’ problems and tapping into customers’ love and passion for music.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead UX design for projects across platforms that touch numerous aspects of the Amazon Music experience.
- Run the full experience design process (i.e., discovery, research, concept development, wireframes, high-fidelity mocks) with a particular focus on customer mindsets, complex interaction solutions, user flows, and end-to-end customer journeys
- Work from high-level requirements, ask the right questions, and collaborate with cross-functional partners to gather all relevant information to guide design direction.
- Quickly iterate on multiple design explorations to arrive at simple, but robust solutions, accounting for complex requirements.
- Validate designs through research and testing.
- Design for current experiences while also envisioning and creating new experiences for future features.
- Stay current on emerging UX and digital behavior trends, music and design innovations, and broader technological shifts, as well as identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into product designs.
- Collaborate on and present work to a range of stakeholders – executives, engineers, product managers, business leaders, researchers, other UX and visual designers.
A day in the life
As a Senior Product Designer on Amazon Music, you will help define and build customer-facing experiences from discovery and research to concept development, and through product launches. This role will focus primarily on the Podcast experience across Amazon Music, producing wireframes, user-flows, high-fidelity designs, and corresponding specifications spanning our broad spectrum of supported platforms. In this role, you will collaborate cross-functionally with Product Managers, Researchers, Engineers, Program Managers, other UX and Visual Designers, as well as many others across the organization, working from high-level requirements to define product design flows, interactions, design patterns, and immersive customer experiences. The team will look to you to help identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into product designs, while also envisioning and creating new experiences for future features. To be successful you must be an inventive, customer-focused problem solver with clear design chops, an excitement for understanding and using data, and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively. Being a big music & podcast fan is a plus.
About the team
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
- Familiarity with delivering media and/or entertainment experiences across multiple platforms
- Experience designing for voice and multimodal experiences
- Experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, front and back-end engineers, business, and marketing stakeholders
- Experience designing with Pattern Libraries and using a variety of research and testing methodologies
- Experienced in integrating qualitative and quantitative data into design work and iterations
- Experience quickly defining new style guides (leveraging existing standards as well as influencing broader templates, guidelines, and best practices)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners and stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.