MORE ABOUT THIS JOB:
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
Goldman Sachs Ayco Personal Financial Management partners with Fortune 1000 companies to design and implement tailored financial planning programs for their workforce—leveraging the 50-year heritage of Ayco and the comprehensive resources of Goldman Sachs to meet the evolving needs of their employees. Ayco believes companies best serve their stakeholders and the greater economy when their employees’ financial lives are clear, understood and in their control. Ayco advisors and technical specialists help clients achieve their personal financial goals through education and guided implementation across seven key financial disciplines, including employee benefit planning.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Prepare advanced computer-generated tax projections and tax returns with a comprehensive understanding of tax laws in order to assist the clients with tax planning and issues. Must obtain proper training and licensing
- Proficiently review advanced income tax returns
- Proactively plan and anticipate client workflow
- Manage a team once assigned
- Demonstrate the ability to identify issues and advise clients
- Effectively communicate the Ayco value proposition to prospective and existing clients
- Able to prepare all financial exhibits and analyses, including non-standard exhibits, at a consistently high level. Able to gauge the need for such exhibits and make assumptions and decisions regarding such exhibits independently.
- Able to spot technical and other issues and resolve them independently. Become a greater technical resource for the region
- Able to review and summarize testamentary and other trust documents, including sophisticated transfer techniques, such as GRATs, QPRTs, FLPs, and charitable trusts. Able to analyze when concepts are appropriate and explain such concepts to clients and interact extensively with the drafting attorney.
- As client relationships develop, be capable of taking on responsibility for identifying opportunities and contributing to the growth of the business
- Work with other business units to research issues and client questions
- Formulate investment advice for clients, utilizing resources assigned to assist with clients’ needs
- Attend all Account Manager training sessions and meetings
- Adhere to all policies and procedures including, but not limited to, quality, client service, information security, and compliance
- Cross travel with more tenured Account Managers for training purposes
Substantial completion of one of the following: MBA, JD, Masters of Tax, MS Accounting, CPA, CFA, or CFP
- Completion of required modules of the Account Manager Practical Skills Training program
- Successful completion of required licensing and registrations, such as securities, advisory, tax, or insurance
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently on a consistent basis
- Exemplify good corporate citizenship and demonstrate a high level of integrity and business ethic
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills and continuous progression in technical and practical knowledge
- Demonstrate the ability to think like an Account Manager as indicated through interaction with clients, the Account Manager(s), Senior Vice President, and Financial Planning Development Associate as well as participation in training
- Continued leadership in region
- Comprehensive understanding of all commercial, Ayco created, and GS Desktop computer applications and software
- Comprehensive understanding of all services and products Ayco offers to clients
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS:
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity