Manufacturing Operator I @ Glanbia - Carlsbad, CA
Manufacturing Operator I
25 days ago
Post a job for free in Carlsbad, CA
Date: Jul 22, 2020
Location: Carlsbad, CA, CA, US
Manufacturing Operator I
Job Description Revised: October 2018
Reports To: Manufacturing Supervisor
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Pay Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for the preparation, production and packaging of blend material. Provides assistance to the operator and fills in for basic operator duties as assigned. Maintain blend equipment and production area cleanliness. Must complete all applicable SOP and QA trainings.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (not restrictive)
- Box Room duties - tape boxes, insert foil/plastic liners, apply labels to boxes X2
- Label bags 410 60 125, Zip tie liners, Tape filled boxes, Palletize boxes
- Hand clean separators, air flows, heat sealers, conveyors, scales, metal detectors 460 95 005,
- 460 95 023460 95 024, 460 95 004 and 510 95 000
- Prepare cell for wash - cover electronics, remove scan gun, apply appropriate LOTO
- Able to identify status of equipment and cell 410 80 030
- Operate hand jack
- Inspection of raw material and /or fill IBC (no set up) 350 60 060
- Gather tools and supplies from tool room for blends or wash 410 60 004
- Operate conveyor metal detector, includes HACCP metal checks 510 00 020 510 00 010
- Scale Check 900 05 019
- Scan in blends to NOAX
- Manufacturing and Inspection Cell Release 460 60 005
- Seal foil and plastic liners
- Able to assist the operator with all blending, milling, packing tasks
- Identify ingredient name, lot number and item number
- Read and understand sequence of steps on BPR 410 80 037Screen, blend and package a variety of amino acids, vitamins and minerals, including those which are allergenic.
- Responsible for following the procedures for the preparation of blends and final blend product.
- Proper cleaning, blending, packaging and material inspection per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Proper cleaning of manufacturing equipment and production floor.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Following and living Glanbia values: Showing Respect, Winning Together, Finding a Better Way, Performance Matters, Cutomers Champion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Follow company safety procedures.
Proper Personal Protective Equipment must be worn in all required areas.
Consistently maintain a sanitary work environment.
Proper and safe use of pallet jacks and forklifts when moving material in and out of blending rooms and loading and unloading the mezzanines.
Qualification & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to work with amino acids, vitamins and fine chemicals in powder and liquid form as well as allergen products.
- Ability to follow direction and work with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include overtime and weekends on short notice
Language, Computer & Numeracy:
- Clear command ofthe English language both verbal and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Typical Physical Activity
- Regularly involves talking or listening, sitting, and the use of hands and fingers.
- Regularly involves going up and down stairs.
- Frequently involves reaching with hands and arms, standing and walking.
- Occasionally involves crouching, stooping, kneeling and/or climbing or balancing.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 55 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Involves moderate physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
- Should be able to identify and distinguish colors, see clearly at 20 inches or closer and 20 feet or more, observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, judge distances and spatial relationships, and adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
Typical Environmental Conditions
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels (i.e. office equipment, light traffic).
- May be exposed to moderate to high noise levels (i.e. production equipment, forklifts, heavy traffic).
- May be exposed to humidity, intense heat and cold, outdoor weather conditions, and fumes and toxic chemicals.
- May work in areas with mechanical moving parts, above ground with risk of fall, or areas with risk of electrical shock.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego