At Ezoic, we're building a better internet experience with our all-in-one digital publishing platform. We are looking for motivated, fast-learning developers who are excited to build products that scale to millions of visitors every day.
At its core, our product uses artificial intelligence to learn how users interact with digital content and proactively delivers the optimal front end for every visitor to our customers' sites. We've built tools to automatically generate progressive web apps, in-depth reporting dashboards to give publishers novel insights into their users, data pipelines to process hundreds of millions of events, and tools to vastly increase throughput and effectiveness of our machine learning decisions, just to name a few. We're continuously growing, and we're looking for frontend and backend developers who love building and solving problems across the entire tech stack.
You must be a tech-savvy professional who enjoys learning about new technologies and solving problems. This is a fast-moving engineering role where you will be able to work on core products and develop designs and functionality from scratch. You must enjoy collaborating with other smart engineers, creating scalable solutions to improve publishers' digital properties.
We are hiring engineers across the entire stack. If you want to focus on backend, frontend, or full stack, we have a position that will allow you to work on the type of code that you are passionate about. Our flexibility also allows you to move between roles as your interests change or as new features are being developed.
- Big Data: It's the backbone of everything we do. We use Redshift and MySQL to store just about everything you could imagine about a visitor's interactions with digital content.
- Machine Learning: We use tensorflow, scikit-learn, Python, Golang, and state-of-the-art tools we've developed in-house to make data-driven decisions about the kinds of ads, content, and layouts to show each visitor.
- Web Development: We build customer-facing dashboards, apps, and internal tools using whatever framework is best for the job, whether it's Vue.js, Angular, JS, Go or PHP. Plus, with a wide variety of digital publishers, you'll get experience working with a diverse set of web development technologies.
- Cloud Computing: Our stack is built primarily upon AWS (EC2, Dynamo, RDS, Kinesis, Lambda, etc.), along with other tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, and Apache Spark.
- B.S. Computer Science or related (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience)
- More experienced engineers are encouraged. Compensation increases with experience.
- Experience with at least one of: Go / Swift / Java / Python / or PHP
- Web application development experience is a plus.
- A drive to solve problems
Ezoic is an inaugural member of the Google Certified Publishing Partner Program. This means we work closely with Google to help websites optimize their ad revenue. We actually have won awards directly from Google for the artificial intelligence that we've built. Cool, right?!?
Ezoic is a technology-first company. Our CEO is a developer by trade, and our engineers are given all the tools needed to succeed. We empower our engineers to make a lot of their own decisions about both design and implementation, and encourage them to come up with new ideas to improve the application. We also aim to keep a good work-life balance, based on our philosophy that happy engineers are more productive. We want you to be working on something that you are passionate about and allow engineers to move around to keep things fresh. We accomplish this via flexible schedules, unlimited time off, and all employees are welcomed to take 20 hours of paid volunteer time off. Other benefits include a 401k matching plan, great health insurance, and stock options!
Currently most engineers work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19, but we are slowly reopening our office for those engineers who want to work from there. We have a brand new office in Carlsbad, CA, where we plan to return to soon, while still allowing work from home. This means we are only looking for engineers who are willing to relocate to the Carlsbad, CA area, but we will be flexible on timing based on how the pandemic goes. Every engineer works at their own quad-monitor setup on a standing desk. We pride ourselves on getting stuff done, but when you need a break, Ezoic offers great perks, including unlimited vacation time, catered lunches, snacks, flexible hours, ping pong, video games, and pool.