Here at Walmart, we’re driven by an intellectual curiosity that keeps us on the cutting-edge of user design and a seamless customer experience. We’re intrigued by the opportunity to engineer the most optimal approach that drives conversions and generates consumer loyalty across every touchpoint of the digital journey.
As a Software Engineer III
, you’ll spend your days translating requirements into solutions, writing code, collaborating with cross-functional teams and providing us with the insights necessary to think beyond the status quo. You’ll work on small project teams consisting of other engineers where you will play a key role in the successful implementation and delivery of project code and features critical to the success of the organization.
Now, imagine doing all the above for the world’s largest retailer. That’s the Walmart experience. Intrigued?About You
You have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You want to be a part of the team to disrupt this industry and you have these main skills:
You’ll really wow us if…
- Developing and implementing highly composable user interface components using react concepts.
- Reviewing application requirements and interface designs.
- Identifying and implementing user interactions.
- Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application codes.
- Developing and implementing front-end architecture to support user interface concepts.
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance.
- Documenting application changes and developing updates.
- Understanding of data fetching (API), data contracts, and state management (Redux).
- Understanding of Node.js and concepts, (KOA.js a plus but not necessary).
- Experience with and or understanding of GraphQL a plus.
- Experience with writing tests and FE testing frameworks.
You’ll make an impact by…
- You have experience with building FE reusable libraries.
- You come to the table with a comprehensive knowledge of Node.js and GraphQL.
- You understand Headless CMS systems.
- You have strong TypeScript abilities.
- You understand component architecture, composition, and reuse.
- Contributing ideas and code to a system that ultimately impacts 10’s of millions of users a day.
- Working closely with fellow developers and product managers to innovate and deliver a high-quality product that serves merchant needs.
- Being curious and willing to learn
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Skill Set Additions:
About The Team
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Ability to debug production issues, logging, and chrome dev tools.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of libraries such as React.js, Redux, Apollo GraphQL.
- Solid devops skills in troubleshooting live applications, assessing performance bottlenecks of applications running on Linux
You’ll be working on Customer Experience Management solutions that power the walmart.com site and shopping app. If you're looking for an opportunity to grow your career in a dynamic challenging environment, this is the job for you. Our office is located in Carlsbad, CA. Remote opportunities may also be available.Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
5600 AVENIDA ENCINAS, CARLSBAD, CA 92008, United States of America