Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
If you are a fit, our team will reach out to you about this role or any others that may be a fit for our clients.
About the Role
As a backend engineer, you will work on our client's backend systems, APIs, servers, and infrastructure. You'll work closely with a stellar team of passionate, experienced engineers and product managers who have been instrumental in building some of the most widely-used technology products globally,
Their backend uses Node, Terraform, Redis, Elasticsearch, Postgres and runs on Kubernetes in Amazon AWS. They believe in using the best tool for the job and don't shy away from solving complex problems!
In this role you will:
- Work with the product and other engineering teams to enhance the product; on new features, APIs, backends, infrastructure, performance, and quality
- Work in a collaborative environment. Like many of their engineers, you can also work remotely
- Help ensure our customers have an excellent experience
- Participate in the engineering teams' on-call rotations for customer support and live production issues
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- You have 4+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role and have a software engineering degree or equivalent experience
- You have worked with any modern UX framework as React, Vue, or similar, have used internet friendly APIs such as REST or GraphQL or built web-based systems on Cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Azure or similar Cloud-based environments
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are motivated and excel when challenged