Bartender, Server and Cooks @ Buffalo Wild Wings - Carson, CA
Bartender, Server and Cooks
Post a job for free in Carson, CA
We are looking for an enthusiastic bartender to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. Good bartenders will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations. Compensation includes salary and tips.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Resume and proven working experience as a bartender
- Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Relevant training certificats
A line cook is usually assigned the task of preparing the food in a specific area or along the line in a restaurant kitchen such as the vegetable prep area or the grill.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Line Cook
- Helps set up the whole kitchen prior to a restaurant’s opening.
- Sets up a station by bringing all containers of necessary food items to that point in the line.
- Cooks a specific portion of each plated meal as assigned by either the head or sous chef.
- Assists with cutting, marinating and precooking foods.
- Keeps pace with other cooks on the line so that all food is ready for each plate at the same time.
- Steps in to help another line cook who is running behind.
- Assembles dishes and provides garnishment.
- Plates food in an attractive manner to maximize customer enjoyment.
- Pitches in, along with the rest of the staff, to maintain sanitary conditions and organization in the kitchen.
- Wraps unused items and stores in proper areas at the end of a shift, and shuts off all equipment at the station.
- Cleans and sanitizes the area with soap and warm water.
- Participates in cleaning the rest of the kitchen before the restaurant closes for the night.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $16.50 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- bartending: 1 year (Preferred)
- server: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Provide excellent customer service by taking orders, preparing them efficiently, and building a rapport with clientele
- Handle card and cash transactions, ensuring that all funds in the cash drawer are accounted for by the end of the shift
- Keep an eye on patron intoxication levels and respond appropriately
- Identify belligerent customers, and work with management when needed to maintain a safe environment
- Clean the bar and the surrounding area of spills and other messes as needed
- Other duties as requested
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible