Concierge | Union South Bay @ Avenue5 Residential, LLC - Carson, CA
Concierge | Union South Bay
Post a job for free in Carson, CA
Avenue5 is growing, and we are in search of a concierge to join our dynamic team of Fivers!
We are a vibrant third-party multifamily property management firm with locations across the United States. We are proud of our vibrant, inclusive, make-it-happen culture, where we:
- Listen to our associates, recognize them, and give them room to grow
- Invest in our associates to help them become the best version of themselves
- Approach every important decision with our associates in mind
- Celebrate our associates’ successes and encourage them to raise the bar even higher
About the Concierge Role
We’re looking for a talented concierge who will be responsible for providing a comfortable atmosphere and stress-free environment to residents and their guests by delivering exceptional customer service. Duties include managing the front desk or office area, providing miscellaneous services and information to residents, at their request, as well as assisting prospective residents, suppliers, contractors, and visitors as needed.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
- Greets and escorts prospective residents to the leasing office.
- Answers incoming calls, places outgoing calls, and schedules appointments for leasing associates.
- Offers and provides information and assistance to residents, prospective residents, suppliers, contractors, office staff, and management as needed.
- Prepares complimentary services, such as snacks and drinks.
- Accepts and delivers packages to residents and property staff.
- Ensures supplies are stocked and places orders when needed.
- Develops and implements resident activities appropriate for the demographics of the property.
- Assists the maintenance team by processing work orders; follows up on work orders to ensure they are completed timely and accurately; and files work orders when complete.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
- If applicable, schedules elevator usage for resident move-ins, move-outs, and deliveries.
- Maintains tracking logs for equipment rentals, dry cleaning services, and/or other services provided by the property.
- Ensures the business center is organized and equipment is working properly.
- Develops and publishes property communication for residents to inform them of planned events, activities, information, resident services, and advertisements.
- Posts flyers and other important reminders in designated areas.
- Communicates issues to managers or appropriate office staff member.
- Prepares and practices emergency plan, including evacuation, earthquake or inclement weather drills, and determines where people will go in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Complies with all company policies, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma is required.
- At least one year of customer service experience is required.
Skills and Requirements
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively and sensitively communicate.
- Basic level knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency.
- Capability to read, write, comprehend, and converse in English.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, and key track system.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to others.
- Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and current auto insurance is required.
- Must comply with all safety requirements.
- Required to complete and successfully pass the Avenue5 Fair Housing, Diversity and Inclusion Training within the first 30 days of employment.
- Required to maintain a regular schedule which may require working overtime, weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- May be required to be on-call and aid during staffing deficiencies on-site.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions).
- Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions, as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with public.
- Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
- Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights, mechanical parts or machines, and fire.
Avenue5 will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These functions include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to walk around the property several times daily, up to 10 miles a day.
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times daily.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency required.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend and stoop for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use standard maintenance equipment.
- Talking and expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Visual requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
- Ability to compare, copy, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Over the length of employment these functions and tasks may change.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Avenue5 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.