Planning Analyst - Carson, CA @ Maersk - Carson, CA
Planning Analyst - Carson, CA
Post a job for free in Carson, CA
Your shoes were likely made in China. Have you ever wondered how they got to your local retailer? Or what’s in that shipping container going down your local highway?
At Maersk Distribution and Warehouse Services, we know. In fact, we facilitate the distribution and movement of freight every single day.
Each of our client’s supply chain is evaluated to optimize efficiency from factory production, all the way to end user delivery. The goal is not only to minimize lead times but also to minimize inventory levels and costs, thus making the client's business more flexible.
Our warehouse network spans from East to West Coasts of the United States and in Canada. Our services include transloading and automated sortation, cross-docking, replenishment, drayage management, and inland transportation.
We are looking for a Planning Analyst to join our North America Warehouse and Distribution team.
This position will be based in Carson, CA.
We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy…
We’re proud of our people who define our company’s industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings. We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off – and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Every company, every country wants access to a competitive shipping, logistics and port system – and our people have created one company that offers one, easy-to-use solution to all their shipping needs.
Maersk is unique
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers’ global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world’s largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
- Monitor the level of service vs. volume vs. cost and efficiency vs. capacity of the movement and storage of goods. Planning incorporates yard, door and labor requirements for both inbound containers and outbound trailers.
- Use detailed metrics/production assessments (by container content/customer requirements) to determine & communicate specific shift by shift production /labor plan for the operations
- Focus on the regional network/ buildings/yards as it relates to volume and labor. Consider network capacity and network hourly labor options
- Coordinate and control the order cycle in conjunction with the associated information systems (information management)
- Analyze data to monitor performance, overall improvements to plan & customer demand
- Automate and streamline processes
- Liaise and negotiate with customers, dray services, Inland Carriers and internal departments
- Develop business by analyzing logistical problems and producing new solutions
- Project management
- Set objectives or KPI targets, and planning to meet them
- Continued efforts to optimize efficiency of the operation and reduce costs
- Develop forward knowledge of systems and changing government and municipal regulations to help build the infrastructure to support growth
- Perform other related duties as assigned
We are looking for
- High School Diploma/GED; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ years Logistics and Transportation industry experience
- Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook including pivot tables, v-look up, advanced formulas and Macros.
- Must have the flexibility to work nights, holidays, and weekends
Preferred Qualifications: (Nice to have):
- Experience as a Planner or Analyst within the logistics, warehouse or transportation industry
- Experience knowledge warehouse management systems –TMS; YMS; etc)
- Experience working in a start-up facility
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong candidates are assertive, adaptable and resilient
- Must be a self-starter
- Team player attitude
- Analytical and problem solving skills