At Disney Financial Systems, you’ll team with the best in the business to create and build in one of the most innovative teams in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of The Walt Disney Company, the forward-thinkers at Financial Systems constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help The Walt Disney Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst (SFSA) for Planning & Reporting, will support various planning and reporting solutions across TWDC. The primary focus will be Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED), but exposure includes client groups in Direct-to-Consumer, Content Sales, Linear Networks and also various enterprise financial systems (e.g. SAP BW, Tableau, HANA, Business Objects and Cognos/TM1). This will include design, build and support reporting & analysis process improvements, system enhancements and automation tools to meet the segment/client needs. Lastly, the SFSA will provide daily support to end user community and identify continuous process improvement opportunities. Responsibilities :
Project Management/Report Development/Process Realignment/User Support: Provides support to finance planning and accounting system users and develop project plans to deliver reporting solutions. Works with segment partners to understand and support their financial transaction processing, reporting process and data mining needs. Gather requirements, document requirements, draft project timeline, analyze master data, maintain hierarchies, create report mock-ups, perform testing, lead change management and training activities. Ability to expertly navigate through large financial workbooks with a deep understanding in finance and accounting practices in order to identify and resolve reconciliation issues.
Strategic Focus: Will serve as a strategic business planning partner working with business process owners, business units and IT to formulate options to address specific reporting and analysis issues / requirements. The SFSA’s key focus will be to support the reporting and transaction automation strategy and solutions for the DMED segment.
The ideal candidate should possess experience in large organizations utilizing SAP, Excel with VBA and financial reporting systems (Cognos/TM1, HANA, Tableau and Business Objects). The candidate must also possess experience in GL based external SEC reporting (10K/Q), financial consolidation and reconciliation, query and report development, conducting process reviews and be familiar with current business analytics and finance process best practices and be able to work with various entities to streamline existing processes. Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with finance or accounting, preferably in a large SAP installation with familiarity in software development
- Minimum of 2 years working with SAP or other ERP systems specializing in reporting, master data/hierarchy management, GL consolidation and reconciliation.
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Experience managing small to mid-sized projects
- Established expertise in financial operations, general ledgers, financial controls, consolidation and reconciliation, GAAP accounting, and SEC financial reporting
- Strong understanding of financial reporting master data elements such as Company Code, Business Areas, Cost Centers, Profit Centers, Trading Partners, and more.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel with ability to develop and troubleshoot sophisticated custom VBA macros.
- Ability to build reports and grasp querying languages, relational databases, and dimensional reporting cubes.
- Demonstrated track record of process improvements and desire to implement best practices.
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen.
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience leading and championing change on projects of moderate scope and budget, involving localized teams whose success is dependent upon the management of potential risk factors, impacting a specific line of business.
- Experience working within a team of high performing financial professionals with focus on solving complex technical issues to achieve specified results within service level agreement (SLA) parameters, while providing a positive experience for customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to succinctly convey relevant information across multiple levels of the organization and confidently project a professional image that fosters relationship building and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently on self -directed and assigned tasks under moderate direction and supervision
Required Education :
- 3-5 years consulting experience as related to enterprise report standardization or master data alignment efforts.
- Experience in using SAP or another ERP system
- Experience in using Business Objects, Cognos Analytics, or PowerBI reporting tools
- Experience developing end user training
- Experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Experience using systems designed to manage issues, changes and testing (e.g. Service Manager, Rational Team Concert, ALM)
- CPA or CMA license, or equivalent
- Six Sigma certification
- PMP, SCRUM, or other professional project management certification
- SAP BW Query Certified
Preferred Education :
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Business, or a related field
- Graduate Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and Information Systems or a related field (e.g., MAC, MBA and MIS)