Grievance/Appeals Analyst I - Cerritos, CA - PS36395 @ Anthem - Cerritos, CA
Grievance/Appeals Analyst I - Cerritos, CA - PS36395
Post a job for free in Cerritos, CA
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At CareMore, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies specializing in providing senior Americans a complete and pro-active health care experience, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
The Grievance/Appeals Analyst I is an entry level position in the Enterprise Grievance & Appeals Department that reviews, analyzes and processes non-complex pre service and post service grievances and appeals requests from customer types (i.e. member, provider, regulatory and third party) and multiple products (i.e. HMO, POS, PPO, EPO, CDHP, and indemnity) related to clinical and non clinical services, quality of service, and quality of care issues to include executive and regulatory grievances.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews, analyzes and processes non-complex grievances and appeals in accordance with external accreditation and regulatory requirements, internal policies and claims events requiring adaptation of written response in clear, understandable language.
- Utilizes guidelines and review tools to conduct extensive research and analyze the grievance and appeal issue(s) and pertinent claims and medical records to either approve or summarize and route to nursing and/or medical staff for review. The grievance and appeal work is subject to applicable accreditation and regulatory standards and requirements. As such, the analyst will strictly follow department guidelines and tools to conduct their reviews. The file review components of the URAC and NCQA accreditations are ¿must pass¿ items to achieve the accreditation.
- Analyzes and renders determinations on assigned non-complex grievance and appeal issues and completion of the respective written communication documents to convey the determination.
- Responsibilities exclude conducting any utilization or medical management review activities which require the interpretation of clinical information.
- The analyst may serve as a liaison between grievances & appeals and /or medical management, legal, and/or service operations and other internal departments.
Grievance/Appeals Analyst I
- Requires a High school diploma or GED; 3 to 5 years experience working in grievances and appeals, claims, or customer service, familiarity with medical coding and medical terminology, demonstrated business writing proficiency, understanding of provider networks, the medical management process, claims process, the company's internal business processes, and internal local technology; or any combination of education and/or experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- For URAC accredited areas the following applies: Requires strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran