If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\
id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) . (https://ryder.com/job-applicant-privacy-policy)
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today! Summary
The Principal Engineer is responsible for analysis and utilization of continuous improvement tools to design Supply Chain Solutions for current and future operations. Provides coaching/mentorship to other engineers. Provides regular and proactive communications to customers and Ryder Management. Essential Functions
- Actively support the sales process and create high quality solutions and designs.
- Collects data and performs statistical analysis.
- Apply company methodologies and tools to design distribution and/or transportation operations.
- Conduct Inventory and/or Supply Chain analyses and recommend alternative strategies.
- Provide proposal and presentation support and creation for new business development.
- Effectively interact with customers, Sales, and Operations to create value propositions.
- Leads, coaches, and mentors other engineers.
- Independently identify process gaps, make recommendations and implement process improvement.
- Establish and implement performance measures.
- Confer with the Engineering and Operations Managers to implement efficient and competitive solutions;
- Manage multiple projects of small and medium size.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma (LSS) and Statistical Process Controls (SPC) tools. Map and document processes.
Skills and Abilities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data.
- Judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Ability to perform assignments with instruction limited to results expected.
- Ability to influence on the overall objectives and long range goals of the organization.
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignment and may supervise activities of lower level staff.
- Bachelor's degree required in engineering, business or supply chain or a combination of other education and experience.
- Master's degree preferred in industrial engineering or MBA.
- Six (6) years or more relevant work experience required.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt.
- American Production Inventory Control Society (APICS) certification
20-30% DOT Regulated:
No Job Category:
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. (https://ryder.com/job-applicant-privacy-policy)