- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- 4+ years previous experience implementing end-to-end sales performance management solutions, including system configuration, model building, security, and reporting.
- SQL/ETL, Java scripting
- Experience implementing enterprise-level applications for Incentive Compensation Management (Varicent ICM, Xactly, Optymyze, etc.)
LOCATION FLEXIBILITY: Open to candidates within reasonable distance of any Corporate AWS office location in the US. Relocation assistance available within the US.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“Cloud Computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
Companies all over the world rely on our storage, compute, and virtualized services. Our success depends on our world-class selling and field teams, and these teams rely on the Sales, Marketing, and Global Services (SMGS) team to power their activities. We’re handling massive scale, providing data that drives the AWS business internally, and delivering products and services to help our Amazon Web Service selling teams.
The SMGS team is looking for an experienced Application Engineer to play a key role in expanding the capabilities of our mission-critical Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) application. In addition to requiring a high level of technical expertise, this role is about understanding the needs of the business and how to transform this information into technical solutions that allow the business to make swift, informed decisions. Ideal candidates will have expertise in all phases of application development life cycle in building models that scale over time while balancing accuracy, flexibility, and speed. The successful candidate will be passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities. They will deal with highly ambiguous problems, take responsibility for finding solutions, and will drive towards simple solutions to complex problems.
- Design, build, maintain, and extend data models within Varicent Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) platform.
- Analyze requirements, plan and design system tables / components using techniques, such as structured analysis, data modeling and information engineering.
- Plan and execute appropriate testing (e.g. test plans, test cases, and test scripts) to comprehensively test assigned enhancements to business applications.
- Review and analyze application performance, to provide enhancement recommendations and process improvements.
- Provide risk assessment for new functionality and enhancements.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer , Electrical Engineer or related discipline.
- Quick learner with a positive attitude and professional demeanor, and strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- An excellent business partner who maintains a positive attitude in the midst of competing deliverables.
- Familiarity with services such as EC2 and S3.
- Experience working with large-scale, complex datasets
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Perl, Java, etc)
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $99,100 - $160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $109,000/yr - $185,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.