is more than insurance, it’s truly a tech company at heart. GEICO Technology Solutions
is rapidly expanding to keep up with its growth in the digital space. GEICO
is currently looking for a dynamic experienced QA Engineering Manager
to manage a staff of QA software engineers across all our platform products in the Underwriting Systems Department
. This would be for managing QA testing for multiple production applications and key initiatives. As a QA Engineering Manager
, you will provide technical and career guidance to QA engineers, partner with Business and Engineering Leads to ensure quality processes and own the technical validation of our products. You will develop the overarching testing strategy to ensure automated testing is implemented efficiently for large scale applications with the necessary testing coverage that will ensure high quality delivery. Responsibilities
- Demonstrating experience in leading and driving automation strategy for large scale applications. Ability to assess automation needs, develop an automation strategy, then work with the team on delivery of that strategy
- Understanding requirements from a business perspective to be validated through testing and assessing them in the context of an Agile/Scrum delivery model
- Estimating testing resource needs and overall testing strategy needed based on application architecture, scope, and scale, and goals
- Understanding of the SDLC activities expected to deliver custom developed and packaged applications.
- Possessing experience with manual testing, automated testing, mobile testing, non-functional testing (such as performance, load, usability, security, stress, and scalability), and continuous testing
- Utilizing proven presentation skills and effective delivery; Demonstrating experience using Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS) a plus
- Working in a fast-paced environment with ambitious deadlines; Managing multiple priorities and have good situational awareness (i.e. understanding sense of urgency when required)
- Managing multiple teams (onshore, offshore, and/or nearshore) and projects of various size and scale with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience test management and reporting leveraging Microsoft ADO and experience setting up CI/CD processes from testing standpoint
- Technical acumen to work closely with Architects, validating solution/design and provide guidance; Have experience in managing C# or Java, web based applications teams
- Proven experience in team management, mentoring and leadership development; Provide leadership to the team in identifying & capturing metrics and plan for Continuous Improvement
- Experience in QA process in methodology developing/ enhancing documentation, templates, checklists
- Worked on implementation of QA best practices that helps in reducing cost, improving quality and reduce test cycle time
- Develop team, identify skill gaps and plan for skill augmentation. Establish goals and evaluate performance of the associates on the teams.
- Manage stakeholder expectations from business and technology teams across the enterprise
- Work with Product and Engineering leads understanding their respective team’s quality needs and formulating strategies collaboratively.
- 8+ years’ experience automated testing customer facing applications.
- 5+ years’ experience managing QA engineers.
- Experience architecting and implementing automated testing in web-based applications.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Experience working within a wide variety of automated testing frameworks using C#, Selenium, Selenium Grid, CI/CD pipeline, Docker, Web Service Automation, SoapUI, REST, PowerShell Scripting skill, Database SQL
- Experience with DevOps, CICD, Jenkins, and GIT
- Proven experience working Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience testing applications in the cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Hands-on experience in defining test strategies, test planning, and test automation
- API testing experience.
- Experience with end-to-end testing frameworks/continuous testing.
- Experience leading and mentoring junior and senior engineers.
- Strong written and oral communication skill
- Proven ability of driving results across multiple projects at different phases of development/testing
- Proven ability of working within an Agile development life cycle (including a strong understanding of the interactions between engineers, analyst, and testers)
- Must be able to perform under pressure, multitask, prioritize and show appropriate sense of urgency.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Understanding of DevOps applications and infrastructure (Icat, DoCat, etc.)
Experience testing API endpoints using Postman or similar tools.
- Experience working with devops teams that own the full engineering lifecycle.
- Experience with multiple database and event processing systems.
- Experience analyzing application and cloud environment performance.
- Experience working in a global business with team members and customers in multiple time zones.
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
- Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect. GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.