As the health care industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable health care for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members. Job Purpose:
This position is responsible for scripting development, scripting execution, and scripting troubleshooting, using standard development frameworks. Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct impact analysis of new functionality and develop estimates for testing efforts.
- Assist in creation and management of testing project plans.
- Execute various systems, integration, regression, and ad-hoc tests according to approved test plans and testing schedule.
- Ensure the creation of weekly testing dashboards – reports on test preparation and execution status.
- Raise issues and risks to testing timeline such as deliverable hand off delays, environment readiness issues, etc.
- Manage defect reports for issues found during testing and provide accurate testing status to project stakeholders.
- Understanding of test scenarios and exit criteria
- Participates in estimating Test Automation effort
- Participates in maintaining, and managing test automation frameworks
- Participates in creating and executing automation tests scripts
- Participates in creating and executing custom built queries
- Participates in fulfilling automation requests using a variety of delivery methods
- Participates in developing automation techniques to insert, retrieve, and compare data values either through a framework or custom scripts
- Participates in developing and maintaining Web-Application, API (Web-services/DB), legacy, and standalone desktop-based application automation
- Participates in identifying test coverage of the code using the appropriate tools and design
- Participates in building robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Participates in troubleshooting, debugging and issue triaging
Required Job Qualifications:
- Participates in building traceability matrix
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to identify and tackle technical issues
- Have a strong desire for quality
- Ability to deal with both technical and nontechnical issues.
- Demonstrate good judgmental skills
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Have a thorough understanding of the software development process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology.
- ISEB System Testing Foundation Cert. or similar.
- Ability to tie together solutions across systems.
- Experience in technologies testing.
- Experience in application and infrastructure integration.
- Experience in SDLC Methodology - Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development.
- Experience in HP LoadRunner, QualityCenter, Jira, QTEST and other testing tools.
- Experience in web technologies - HTML/CSS/Java/ASP.Net/PHP/Ruby/C#.
- Experience in scripting languages - BASH / PERL / PYTHON / RUBY.
- Experience in test automation tools.
- Automation experience on skills like Java, Selenium Web driver, Test NG, API, Cucumber and GitHub....
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can call us at 1-866-977-7378
to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process
will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".