At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk. Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Cloud Object Storage has an exciting opportunity available for a Technical Support Engineer who will be responsible for troubleshooting the most complex, urgent, visible and challenging problems within the IBM Cloud and On-Premise IBM Cloud Object Storage systems.
- Supports both the IBM Cloud and On-Premise clients in finding solutions to technical challenges.
- Assigned client issues needing resolution that are escalated from level 1 and level 2 support teams.
- Identifies and implements actions to resolve client issues and restore normal operations on high visibility, large-scale deployments.
- Ensures a timely and high-quality resolution of client requests, while providing clearly written updates within support tickets.
- Interlocks with dependent teams to resolve customer issues and determine root causes.
- Creates automation to improve serviceability through the lessons learned from field reported issues.
- Be the “voice of the customer” in the product development of new features.
- Reproduces customer reported issues in a lab environment and validate solutions.
- Participate in the on-call support rotation, which requires outside business hours.
- Delivers a proactive “can-do” contribution towards overcoming obstacles impacting a client’s business.
This position may be held in a remote work location.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation range for the position ($82,000 - $153,000) is based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your job-related skills and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately. Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong oral and written communication skills that are logical, structured, factual and compelling.
- Experience working in a large-scale distributed system architecture and troubleshooting issues across system components.
- Knowledge of native cloud applications, REST API, S3, and SDKs.
- 1 plus years experience providing customers with technical support in the data storage or similar industry.
- Proficient with the Linux operating system and tools, such as JSON query, Awk, Sed, etc.
- Programing experience in one or more scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash, etc.) that can be applied to large data sets and automation.
- Experience using analysis tools including Elastic Search / Kibana, Splunk, and Jupyter Notebook
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or comparable experience.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.