Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services—from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance—with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
– We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
– Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
– We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
– We deliver value and exceed our clients’ expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
– Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
– We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
Sargent & Lundy is seeking a responsible, detail oriented, individual like you to join our team! We currently have an opening for an experienced .NET/Web Developer to join our team in the development, support, and maintenance of applications supporting engineering, design, and business processes. This position will offer the opportunity to utilize and expand your development skills using modern development tools and platforms. Opportunities exist to grow into team management or architecture roles.
- Work with end-users to identify needs, develop new systems/functionality, maintenance of existing systems, and assessment of emerging technologies as a basis to reengineer existing processes
- Meet with stakeholders to identify business needs
- Develop new applications and solutions with .NET, React, MSSQL Server, Oracle, and Service Oriented Architecture technologies
- Provide maintenance and upgrades to existing applications
- Continuously assess emerging technologies to re-engineer existing systems and processes
Other skills that are a plus:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer information System (or related field)
- 2 years of experience in application life cycle with custom system development and/or vendor software implementations
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming using .NET Technologies (e.g., C#, C++, VB.Net, ASP.Net, Windows Forms)
- Familiarity with architecture design for web enabled applications, databases, and other relevant technologies
- Experience with databases (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server, SQLite, PL/SQL) and database modeling tools such as Entity Framework
- Usage of distributed source control systems, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment tools (e.g., GIT, Github, Azure DevOps Pipelines)
- Knowledgeable on REST architecture, SOAP protocols
- CAD Experience (AutoCAD, MicroStation, Blender, 3D, Lisp)
- MS Office Automation
- MS Power Platform
- Cloud platforms/solutions (Azure/Oracle Cloud Services)
- AR/VR development
- AI fundamentals
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.