Urban Squash ClevelandEnrichment CoordinatorSalary: $40,000 - $43,000, with benefitsType: Full timeLocation: Cleveland, OHStart date: Fall 2021About Urban Squash Cleveland
Established in 2012, Urban Squash Cleveland is an organization that empowers youth to reach their potential through the sport of squash, academic support, and enrichment experiences. USC provides team members with high quality programming sessions 6 days per week, under a holistic approach to development that helps kids achieve their academic, athletic and personal goals.
Urban Squash Cleveland’s 10,000 sq. ft. facility is located on the campus of Urban Community School, and it features four squash courts, a classroom for fifty students and a staff office. Most sessions take place at USC, while squash tournaments and other enrichment activities oftentimes take place in highly esteemed universities across the country.
On our campus, the organization works closely with community partners including Facing History, MetroHealth, The Refugee Response, and The House of Champions to help fuel our program with resources that support USC’s holistic mission.
Urban Squash Cleveland is a member of the Squash and Education Alliance, a network of twenty five organizations around the world that utilize the highly successful model of providing year-round, long-term support to young people who deserve and desire more. USC currently works with a team of 47 student athletes and 11 alumni.
USC fully adheres and is committed to the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion values of the Squash and Education Alliance.About the Position
Urban Squash Cleveland is seeking a self-motivated, highly organized Enrichment Coordinator who is passionate about working with children and adolescents, providing them with life changing opportunities within USC’s successful model. The successful candidate will be a skilled communicator that will work to enhance the experiences of USC students, and who is eager to support different areas of the organization’s program and operations under a vibrant, mission driven environment.
The Enrichment Coordinator will report to the Program Director.Responsibilities
- Support Program sessions with the implementation of USC’s yearly curriculum of academic and enrichment activities for the USC team of student athletes. Program hours are on school days, typically from 4:00 pm to 6:15 pm.
- Work with the Program Director to identify, implement and monitor enrichment activities for Urban Squash Cleveland team members. Enrichment activities take place on Saturdays and during weekends when the USC team is traveling to a tournament.
- Help the Program Director in leading daily program sessions with USC student-athletes.
- Coordinate USC Program logistics, including but not limited to transportation, recruitment of volunteers, and program supplies and inventory.
- Be willing to work overtime when traveling to tournaments during weekends with the team. The Enrichment Coordinator is expected to lead 3-4 overnight trips each year.
- Oversee and manage USC’s building operations, and work with the staff to improve the systems and procedures of the organization’s 10,000 square foot facility.
- Ensure high quality experiences for all students, members, guests, and staff in the USC facility.
- Serve as a contact for vendors and partners, and implement cost-effective strategies that support USC’s operations.
- Support the Program Director in communicating with parents, teachers, school principals, partners, counselors, and others in each student’s support system.
- Communicate with USC’s partners and support the organization with fundraising events, squash tournaments, and other community experiences.
- Track and organize student and alumni academic achievement data, performance, and attendance.
- Work with the USC staff, the board, partners, volunteers and community squash members to meet the needs of the organization, including but not limited to fundraising events, community squash activities and other opportunities that help broaden awareness of the organization, and move USC’s mission forward in the community.Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-2 years of experience in youth development within an urban school setting; degree in education a plus.
- Curriculum development experience is highly preferred.
- Deep belief in the potential of all students.
- Commitment to holding high expectations for all students.
- Demonstrated strength in building trusting relationships across lines of difference.
- Thrives working independently and as part of a small team.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills are critical.
- Ability to manage competing commitments and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have a valid driver's license and pass a background check.Compensation and Benefits
Urban Squash Cleveland provides a competitive compensation package, including a salary in the range of $40,000 - $43,000
. Other benefits include health insurance, a retirement stipend (provided yearly after 2 years with the organization), generous paid time off, sick leave policies and support of the employees’ needs, including wellness and mental health.Urban Squash Cleveland provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $43,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location