Sinclair is looking for a dynamic, inspirational, and experienced technology executive to lead the enterprise financial systems team overseeing the financial and supply chain modules of the corporate ERP systems and related applications supporting 185 TV stations, 21 regional sports networks, corporate hubs, and satellite offices. This is a highly visible strategic and operational technology leadership role within Sinclair, managing a team of 4 employees, multiple suppliers and managed service partners. This leader will be front facing with business stakeholders and is accountable for product vision, strategy, lifecycle management, and ongoing support. In addition, this leader will champion adoption SAFe practices across the team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading teams that oversee Oracle Cloud Financials and Supply Chain modules for large enterprises. The leader of this team will oversee analyst and product owner resources responsible for full lifecycle planning and delivery of configurations, integrations, and reporting as part of project and enhancement work.
Customer service, communications, and strategic thinking are key competencies required to drive the delivery of new business capabilities and outcomes. In addition, the ideal candidate must be able to successfully balance hands-on management with strategic planning, stakeholder engagement and supplier/contractor management.
The leader will also be responsible for overseeing break-fix activities as it pertains to any of the Sinclair supported financial systems. JOB DUTIES:
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES:
- Supervise Oracle Application Functional Specialist team members.
- Product Owner of the Oracle FIN/SCM application. Modules include but not limited to AR, AP, GL, Cash Management, Procurement, Fixed Assets, Projects.
- Oversee and provide direction to onsite and offshore team members which provide level 1 application support.
- Act as an adviser and liaison for the Oracle Application Development and support teams including both on shore and offshore team members.
- Coordinate support activities with our Hosting Provider and Oracle Support.
- Serving as a liaison to senior IT management, reporting on the status of large projects, identifying issues and assessing their impact, and proactively recommending solutions.
- Maintain a prioritized backlog of finance system projects/changes, drive prioritization at meetings, and communicate backlogs and schedules to stakeholders.
- Partner with the PMO to gather and document user and functional business requirements to support upgrades, enhancements, change and/or fixes to existing or new systems. Develop end to end testing plans.
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring the activities of outside vendors to ensure their ongoing alignment with global project and business goals.
- Direct all product management practices including product & solution road mapping, requirements gathering, user story, and acceptance criteria creation
- Work collaboratively with technology business partners and business stakeholders to prioritize and groom product and solution backlogs
- Effectively communicate product and solution vision, strategy, plans, status, and results at all levels in the organization
- Oversee technical vendor management of 3rd party and/or SaaS-based solutions, aligning roadmaps, managing delivery of enhancements and upgrades
- Oversee end user engagement during release cycles, including identification of user testing strategy, coordinating UAT events, and tracking issues with 3rd party suppliers
- Manage software enhancement triage and high-level assessments, including coordination with development, QA, architecture, 3rd party vendors, and business stakeholders.
- Drive adoption of SAFe Agile practices across technology teams and business stakeholders
- Ensure all product documentation is up to date, partnering with business partners, development / QA, and training to effectively communicate changes to product features and functionality
- Engage with C-Level executives to articulate the value proposition of enterprise product strategy
- Stay abreast of current and planned changes to Oracle Cloud Financial and Supply Chain modules and make recommendations based on knowledge and research
- Manage customer relationships with supported business groups.
- Develop and maintain system documentation (including but not limited to trouble shooting and audit requirements).
- Ensure all team members have a clear understanding of vision and strategy and foster a positive work environment.
- Develop and maintain a working understanding of internal financial business processes.
- Hiring, training, mentoring, motivating and evaluating team members.
- Ensure familiarity and compliance with Company Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years working knowledge of Oracle Cloud Finance//SCM modules
- Advanced knowledge of business processes such as AP/AR, Procure to Pay, Invoice to Cash
- Ability to analyze work, set goals, develops plans of action, and possess good time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to achieve organizational and individual goals by seizing opportunities and learning from experience.
- Ability to build consensus, use active listening skills, and work harmoniously with others in getting a job done while promoting a culture of teamwork, excellence, and integrity.
- Advanced communication skills. Able to organize and facilitate meetings with large groups of people. Able to tailor communications for staff and C-level executives.
- Deadline oriented with a demonstrated understanding of expected delivery dates and the tasks necessary to achieve objectives.
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills with the ability to thoroughly research issues in a timely manner, identify and suggest solutions, and proactively implement corrective steps.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Good leadership skills with an ability to effectively lead and manage direct reports (approximately 5).
- Excellent customer service skills to customers both internal and external to the company.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate information.
- Ability to embrace change and participate in exploring opportunities to improve business processes and advocate on behalf of the business for product improvements from 3 rd party vendors.
- 5+ years' experience as a solution or product manager with proven track record of leadership and delivery
- Demonstrable presentation skills balancing content and narrative with a focus on communicating a message appropriate to each stakeholder group
- Excellent articulation, communication, and strong interpersonal skills
- Proven abilities to craft and visualize strategic themes and frameworks, articulating an enterprise strategy connecting all products and solutions
- Experience in leading teams at an enterprise level for mid to large-scale organizations
- Expertise in developing statements of work and or license agreements with 3 rd party suppliers and software vendors, focusing on implementation, ongoing enhancements, road mapping, and support
- Experience leading teams using measurable objectives and key results to ensure effective execution of organization and department strategies.
Strong functional and moderate technical skills in Oracle Cloud Financial and SCM modules, including but not limited to:
- Application Configuration
- Application Monitoring
- Application Troubleshooting
- New Module implementation
- Ability to create and work and service tickets with our Hosting provider and Oracle Support
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Bachelor's degree, advanced degree or equivalent experience required in computer studies or related business area or equivalent experience.
- 5 - 7 years of managerial experience.
- Proficient in MS-Excel, PowerPoint
- SLAs for high level assessments of product enhancement requests met or exceeded
- Fully staffed organization with clear roles, responsibilities, performance and succession plans
- Baseline documentation for all software products and solutions, maintained quarterly
- Adherence to establish processes for product road mapping, backlog grooming, program increment planning, delivery, and support
- Weekly status reports on all major projects, enhancements, and operational KPIs
- Project and enhancements delivered to end users on time / on budget / within defined scope with minimal re-work
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.
The Company is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base salary compensation range for this role is 155,000 to 170,000 and this position is eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan. Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for Colorado-based hires only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.