- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- Associates degree or 2+ years of profession or military experience
- 1+ year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Control System Lead (L4)
About Maintenance at Amazon
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. Reliability Maintenance & Engineering (RME) are the business partners that work tirelessly behind the scenes to make it all happen. We drive continuous improvement, and maintain all of the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to ensure our customers are met with the Amazon smile. Come join us, on our journey!
About the Role
As a Control Systems Lead, you will lead service technicians on the team with maintaining, troubleshooting, and modifying Material Handling (MHE) controls systems equipment to ensure operational performance. You will support the Operations Maintenance team by designing solutions for difficult problems and managing projects. You will help train, and mentor service technicians and contract technicians.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait, there is more: We provide lightweight fire resistant daily wear and composite toe safety shoes for your safety!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
- Troubleshoot and modify software programs for material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers, Allen Bradley Controllogix and Compactlogix PLC platform utilizing RSLogix 5000 software package. Including Industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, AS-I, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
- Act as first level escalation support for the control system technician teams. Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
- Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic control systems to maximize building utilization of systems
- Monitor MHE metrics and partner with Controls Technicians and Mechanics to resolve equipment electrical problems that create performance deficiencies. Perform controls systems assessments to maintain and improve equipment reliability
- Partner with Facility Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Acting as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building
- Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team. Explain production impacts and work closely with operations and engineering to ensure a thorough understanding of impact to systems
- Develop training plans for Control Systems Technicians
- Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience with Motor Controls (motor starts, variable frequency drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components)
- 5+ years of experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) programs 3+ years with SCADA systems and KPI's
- 3+ years of experience supporting a wide range of conveyors and sortation systems Leadership and project management experience
- Experience with ASRS systems and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) 1+ year of experience working with Allen Bradley
- 1+ years maintaining and troubleshooting robotics systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us