Human Resources @ 24-SEVEN HOME HEALTH INC - Covina, CA
Post a job for free in Covina, CA
Job Title/Position: Human Resources Personnel
Reports To: Office Manager/Administrator
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for planning, coordinating, managing and directing all activities and contracted workers relating to the retention, orientation, and development of the 24-Seven Home Health Inc. employees. Acts as an advocate for organization personnel and collaborates with other Directors in Human Resources issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directs all daily human resources operations including providing direct oversight of the establishment and implementation of human resource policies.
2. Ensures compliance with all state, federal, and Joint Commission human resources regulatory requirements.
3. Directs the implementation of improving work methods and procedures to ensure that consistent employee recruitment, selection, retention, hiring practices, orientation and termination procedures are handled in accordance with applicable law and regulation.
4. Monitors competitors’ wage, salary, and benefit structures and makes recommendations to the Executive Director for compensation adjustments to ensure that 24-Seven Home Health Inc. is competitive in the market.
5. Works with the management team to identify recruitment needs and develops a recruitment plan designed to fill demand, and evaluate the cost-effectiveness of recruitment efforts.
6. Coordinates and participates in community awareness and recruitment activities such as career fairs.
7. Works with the management team in identifying employee education needs and develops orientation and continuing education programs for all employees.
8. Recruits, selects, and directly manages members of the human resource team.
9. Works with the management team to identify recruitment needs and develops a recruitment plan designed to fill demand, and evaluates the cost-effectiveness of recruitment efforts.
10. Builds and monitors community perceptions of 24-Seven Home Health Inc. as a high-quality employer.
11. Coordinated and participates in community awareness and recruitment activities such as career fairs.
12. Works with management team in identifying employee education needs and develops orientation and continuing education programs for all employees.
13. Performs non-clinical orientation with all new staff members and keeps system up to date with all active and non-active employees.
14. Responsible for stocking and ordering all medical supplies.
15. Scan all invoices and PT/MSW invoices.
16. Run weekly reports for all non-compliant nurses and present it during morning report. (Reports to DON for this)
17. Inputs all employee information into both office and payroll systems.
18. Inputs all info of PT/OT/MSW info into Visitrack.
19. Maintains contractor’s information and contractors’ employees information.
20. Responsible for postage, mailings, answering telephone lines promptly and efficiently and orders supplies as gathered by other team members. Responds to message content appropriately, as instructed by the Clinical Director/Information Systems Supervisor. Records telephone calls into call log.
21. Assists with preparing and setting up all in services.
22. Makes all application and orientation packets.
23. Keeps application and orientation room clean and organized.
24. Performs background checks, including E-verify and all applicable licenses related to the onboarding process.
25. Receives and routes daily incoming mail.
26. Prepares outgoing mail.
27. Files all elements of employee records on a weekly basis.
28. Maintains adequate inventory of medical supplies/items needed to provide appropriate patient care, notifies the Clinical Supervisor when inventory needs to be restocked.
29. Maintains ledger cards for all new patients admitted for clerk’s use.
30. Maintains a tracking system for all newly hired employees’ 90 day evals, annual evals. In service, Bonus etc.
31. Provides assistance to the Office/Administrator, preserving the confidential nature of items of which he/she has knowledge.
32. Ensures compliance with all state, federal, and Joint Commission referral/intake regulatory requirements.
33. Ensure all perspective employees offered a position are sent an onboarding link via GetHired and verify all documentation.
34. Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of 24-Seven Home Health Inc. contractual relationships and ensures that patients are admitted according to contract provisions.
35. Maintains good moral character as expected of all 24-Seven Home Health Inc. employees. This includes coming to work free from the influence of drugs and alcohol.
36. Send out daily nursing blast to all nurses via Call Multiplier.
37. All other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description. Schedule may vary, hours and days are not guaranteed and may change without prior notice.
1. High School graduate or equivalent
2. One (1) years data entry experience. Previous customer experience, preferably in home health or similar operation.
3. Knowledge of state, federal and Joint Commission Standards relating to employment and employee education.
4. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and public relations skills.
5. Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility, and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
1. Ability to type 30 words per minute.
2. Word processing skills
3. Personal computer skills
4. Business machine knowledge
Position requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients. Employee must be able to lift, pull, and push items up to 50 pounds with no restrictions or previous injuries that may place patient at risk for injury.
This job entails manual and finger dexterity, eye-hand coordination, standing up to 8 hours a day, and walking up to 8 hours a day. Employee will occasionally be asked to bend, stop , lift, and clean items weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted and over 50 pounds assisted using appropriate devices. Normal visual acuity and hearing are required. Employee may work under stressful condition and may work irregular hours, including weekend and holidays.
24-Seven Home Health Inc. is creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
1. May be required to assist in other departments as demanded.
2. May be required to work overtime, holidays, and weekends – including afternoon and nocturnal shift.