Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
Senior Software QA Engineer role is for an experienced, talented individual to join our software development team. As part of our quality assurance team, you will be providing verification of software products, ensuring code is bug-free and efficient, and implementing automated testing procedures. Working closely with the development lead, you will devise and implement testing strategies and methodologies to engage with all stages of software development, ensuring functionality from the very outset. This is a senior-level position, and our ideal candidate has five years of professional experience in a software development environment, particularly in a role focused on quality assurance and testing. This is aUS ONLY Mobile/Remote role.
Your Day to Day:
- Collaborate with development leads to create and implement testing strategies relevant to all stages of development
- Ensure all code is bug-free, scalable, and properly documented
- Create new automated testing scripts to test large quantities of code
- Ensure completeness, correctness, and usability of final products
- Develop new quality assurance standards to reflect our emerging products and technologies
Who You Are:
B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
5 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
- Ability to develop, implement and deliver enterprise-grade systems, products, and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to take principled bets to reach a desired end state.
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety and Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus and Innovation
- Speed and Passion to Win
- Teamwork and Accountability
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting http://www.westinghousenuclear.com.
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.