If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Openpath Security Inc. (Openpath) is a fast-paced company seeking a senior-level candidate who can help us build, scale, and innovate as we develop our industry-leading platform for access control and office automation. Strong analytical and software skills are a must to join our team, and we are particularly seeking candidates with experience and skills in multiple technologies, to contribute broadly to our team-centric approach to product development.
What you will do
In this role, you will be a critical part of the Openpath Partner Alliance team and will mostly be responsible for:
Desired Skills and experience
- Develop integrations, produce documentation, and provide API and SDK support with third-party platforms
- Help develop and mature our app platform/marketplace
- Develop software for deploying/managing/troubleshooting cloud infrastructure, and monitoring production software
- Work with product + engineering team to guide overall system architecture + design, particularly to help ensure that operational needs (deployment, maintainability, monitoring, troubleshooting) are accounted for
- Contribute as other skills allow within our fast-paced environment and evolving product portfolio
- Help with care and feeding of our products + services - take a holistic view of how our architecture functions in production, share responsibility for the quality and reliability of the entire system
- Prefer to have software development experience in multiple programming languages, particularly NodeJS API frameworks (HapiJS preferred), and preferably Python
- Prefer to have experience with RESTful API design/architecture
- Prefer to have experience with SQL data stores and designing relational data models
- Prefer to have experience with front-end JS frameworks (React preferred)
- Prefer someone with physical access control and physical security background
- Prefer experience with front-end reporting and charting libraries
- Prefer experience building API-based integrations with other cloud services like G Suite, Microsoft Graph, Okta, OneLogin, Slack, etc.
- Prefer experience with log/data analysis pipelines, IoT concepts and protocols (MQTT), backend services for mobile applications
- Prefer experience with deploying and maintaining software services within public cloud environments, particularly AWS services such as Serverless/Lambda, CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstalk, EC2/VPCs, Docker, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudWatch / Datadog / other monitoring services
- Knowledge of Linux fundamentals including bash / command-line
- Experience with agile methodologies and rapid iteration cycles
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or a related discipline
- 2+ years of software development experience
Referral Payment Plan
YesOur U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.